Chapter Twenty

ANDREW'S POV

The Makau's truly did know how to travel in style. After our exams were over, we had packed for the trip and two days later found ourselves making our way to the airport. Pierra's parents had booked us a private plane to fly us to Lodwar town. From there we took a chauffeured car to the Eliye Springs Resort is located on the Western shores of Lake Turkana. It was a one and hour drive and the environment became more dry as we got close to our destination with a lot of sand dunes.

"How can they sleep with all this beauty around us?"Pierra exclaimed excitedly next to me as she looked out the window.

She was right it was beautiful and my camera was filled with all the pictures I'd already taken.

"Whitney did take that pill because of her aviophobia and its side effects include drowsiness. I think Bishop forced himself to sleep just so he couldn't see us together."I explained and Pierra laughed sticking out her tongue at their sleeping forms.

"Their loss, they are missing a lot."

I turned my camera towards her and she smiled cheekily blowing me a kiss. Pierra and I had talked long and hard about this trip just to make sure we were not moving too fast. We both decided we weren't since we were it for each other. If I was asked to introduced Pierra to my mom and sister I would do it without hesitation so it wasn't a bug deal that she was introducing me to her family. I was definitely freaked out and sweating through my t-shirt which I partly blamed on the heat but with Pierra's assurance and a lot of internal pep talks I was ready to face them. I was most scared of her dad because of his position but Pierra has assured me he was a big softie with his family and I was relying on that. I didn't want to loose Pierra because her parents didn't approve of us, I already had Bishop to worry about.

"You're freaking out again."Pierra pointed out poking my cheek.

"Yeah and with good reason."I replied.

"You'll be fine and besides it will be over soon."She declared.

"How sure are you?"I asked not as confident as she was.

"Because we're already here."She said pointing out the window.

I looked out the window and could see the resort from a distance on the shores of Lake Turkana. There were sand dunes all around but at the beach there were lots of palm trees.

"Get up sleepy heads we're here."Pierra announced shaking the sleeping couple awake.

They woke up with grunts and protests and it took them a few minutes to be fully alert. Ten minutes later after driving around several large sand dunes we drove past the gates of the resort. Pierra was the first to jump out of the car more excited than everyone else. I was excited too but it would surface once I met her parents getting that part of the trip over and done with.

I followed after my hyper girlfriend with the other two behind me. The driver asked us to leave the bags as someone would grab them for us so I just took my camera bag with me.

We walked towards the reception to check in but a family of four immediately captured our attention. Pierra gasped and immediately broke into a splint running towards them. I watched as the older gentleman in his late fifties turn around when he heard Pierra's call. He opened his arms out for her and like the daddy's girl that she was, Pierra jumped into his embrace. They hugged for a moment before who I presumed was her mom pulled her away and hugged her. Her younger brothers tugged at her legs and she went down on her knees to hug them too. Anyone seeing them would not think that Pierra was adopted. They looked so happy to see each other. Guess not all adoption stories were horror stories. Pierra got her happily ever after no matter her story and I was happy for her.