Chapter Eleven

PIERRA'S POV

I paced by the sidewalk of the Milimani Complex dreading the six flight of stairs that would lead me to the top floor where my brothers party was. The car he had sent to pick me up had just dropped me off and I didn't want to go up there. I didn't drink, smoke or like loud music and those three were the main ingredients of the party upstairs.

I looked at my outfit and had to admit that I'd outdone myself. I was wearing a white spaghetti strapped dress that ended mid thigh, white strapped heels and a small white handbag. My make up and jewelry were minimal and I'd straightened out my curly hair for the special occasion.

My brother had chosen a red and white theme for the party, gents wore red while the ladies wore white. It was a stupid idea if you asked me, just let the people wear what they wanted but it was his party not mine.

My phone rang in my hand and I saw that it was Bishop calling.

"I can see you from the balcony so get your ass up here."He demanded and I didn't even bother to look up for fear of hurting my eyes.

"Fine."I snapped hanging up the call.

Taking a deep breath I mentally prepared myself for the long walk up. I finally felt ready so I turned around and walked into the building. Thankfully I was fashionably late so I didn't run into anyone on the walk up. No one needed to see me heaving the higher I got. I would have preferred to spend my Saturday night curled up in bed with a movie and snacks as I got over my broken heart but then I'd have to tell my stupid brother about me and Andrew and I refused to have that conversation with him. Andrew had broken my heart but he didn't deserve Bishops wrath if he found out what had transpired between us. Maybe I would try to have fun at the party, get over my stupid feelings and try to have a good time. My brother was turning twenty four and he deserved his sister to be happy and cheerful for him.

I finally made it to the top floor so I took a few minutes to compose myself and catch my breath. When I was ready to go I walked through the door lined with streamers and was immediately hit with a wave of heat and the mixed smell of sweat and alcohol. The music was not as loud as I'd anticipated which did not actually help in easing the feeling building up in my chest. The party was in full swing with people dressed in their appropriate colors already having a blast. My parents always sent us a huge amount of money on our birthdays so that plus all his weed money, Bishop had spared no expense. There was a lot of alcohol, food, snacks, weed and of course shisha for those who liked partying in style. I was sure there were other recreational drugs floating around but I didn't even want to find out what they were.

I saw my brother approaching me witch Whitney attached to his arm. A king didn't have a party without his queen by his side. No matter my hatred for her I had to admit that she looked really good and my brother was living up to his mobster reputation. Whitney was in an asymmetrical design dress that wound around her body hugging her curves. It was designed to leave her mid riff bare so she accessorized it with a gold waist chain and her extra long braids fell below her perky ass. Red nails, red lipstick and gold strapped heels, she was the perfect queen. My brother was wearing black slacks and an ankara red shirt with black sleeves and a gold watch.

"Nice of you to finally show up sis."Bishop commented sarcastically and I ignored him leaning closer to hug his broad frame.

"Happy birthday big brother, getting closer to the grave I see."I teased with a smile and he just chuckled.

"You look beautiful Pierra."Whitney complimented and for the sake of my brother and his special day I plastered on a smile for her.

"You too Whitney."I replied and she light up.