Chapter Seventeen

PIERRA'S POV

"So, do you have any food? I'm starving."Andrew asked looking around the room as he swayed on his feet.

He was clearly very drunk as he couldn't stand without support, his eyes were unfocused and he reeked of cheap booze. Andrew at my door in the middle of the night was not something I had expected or even imagined could happen. It had been two weeks since I last saw him and it had taken a lot of effort but I had managed to avoid him. I had been successful in not attending the Tuesday class, going to class earlier than usual and leaving very late plus using different routes. Looks like the only variable I hadn't covered was him visiting my room. I had bet on the fact that he didn't know the room number, oh how well that had worked out for me.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?"I asked getting pissed at how he had barged into my place without any regard as to how it would make me feel.

"Late?"He replied with a shrug and I threw my hands up in frustration.

He pushed himself off the wall and staggered towards me. He stopped a few centimeters away from my face towering over me. I had the overwhelming urge to move away but the part of me that hadn't stopped thinking about him stayed put. Under the alcohol breath his cologne hit my nostrils and I took a much needed whiff. Why did he affect me so? I had talked myself into forgetting him but my heart refused to listen. The more I fought it, the more I found myself thinking about him.

Andrew reached out and tugged my hand and since I wasn't ready I fell into his arms. He hugged me close to his chest and I was in too much shock to react so I just stood frozen in place my arms trapped between us.

"God I missed you."He breathed against my hair and even if I didn't say the words out loud I admitted to myself that I missed him too.

I allowed the hug to continue for another minute before I reluctantly pushed him off me.

"Why are you here?"I asked feeling conflicted about having him in my personal space.

I wanted him to leave after what went down between us but I also wanted him to stay because I missed him and wished we could talk and fix things.

"Because I couldn't take another second away from you. I know me showing up here drunk doesn't exactly paint me in the best light but I can't stop thinking about you Pierra. I miss you and I want you to give me another chance."He admitted laying it all out there.

My breath hitched at how honest he was and I had no idea what to say to his confession. I was not expecting him to show up at my door and confess his feelings for me. I had wanted that for the longest time possible but now that he had actually said it I didn't know how to react.

"Umh you said you were hungry. I have some spaghetti still left over from supper. Sit down while I heat it up for you."I directed pointing to the seat next to my study table.

Andrew looked at me confused probably wondering why I wasn't responding to his confession. I just needed time to think and collect my thoughts. I wanted him back but I also didn't want to get hurt again.

He sighed sadly but still did as I asked and sat down. I took the few steps to my kitchenette and proceeded to warm him the food left over after I had my supper. Andrew was in my room and he wanted to try and work things out. That thought kept running in my mind the whole five minutes it took me to warm the food.

I served it in a plate making sure to pour him a glass of water too so it could help with the hangover he would definitely get in the morning. Andrew was dozing off on the chair so I gently shook him awake. He grinned up at me and in that moment I wanted to toss everything that had happened between us out the window and jump into his arms. But I didn't have that courage and there was too much unspoken and unresolved issues between us.