Chapter Nine

PIERRA'S POV

Anger. Frustration. Disappointment. Those were just a few of the adjectives that could be used to describe how I was feeling. It had been more than sixty hours after our date and I was still waiting on Andrew to call or text as he had promised. My mind kept replaying what could have gone wrong to make him not to contact me. The date had gone perfectly, we had even kissed and he had been all smiles when he left. I had waited for his text that night but nothing came so I assumed his phone had gone off or something. The next day still nothing from him and so did the day that followed.

It was Tuesday and I was waiting for him in class so he could give me an explanation as to what went wrong. He didn't get to just ghost me, I deserved better than that. If he didn't want to go out with me anymore he could have just manned up and told me himself instead of just hanging me out to dry. Why would he ask me out on a date in the first place if he was just going to bail after?

That question let all the insecurities I had kept buried deep down to rise to the surface. Maybe I hadn't been good enough for him, maybe I had said something wrong during the date, hadn't looked good enough or the worst of all, he had been using all along as a dare or to settle a score with my brother. Why bail after the first date though? He could have stuck around and waited until we had sex at least. Maybe then he'd have something to actually brag about. All those thoughts were driving me crazy and making me more hungry so I grabbed another packet of corn from the pack blasted some cool music as I waited for Andrew to arrive so he could give me an explanation.

Ten minutes later his three friends walked into class with no Andrew in sight. All their eyes darted to me at once in a creepy kind of way before Cass hit their heads and they looked away. They hurried past me and took their seats. The weird thing was that they all looked scared of me. Well they had reason to be if Andrew didn't show up, they would receive my wrath on his behalf. The lecturer walked in with Bishop behind him. He grinned when he saw me as he went through his usual routine but I moved away just in time before he could ruffle my hair. I'd spent more than half an hour on it perfecting two messy buns just to look good for Andrew and I didn't want Bishop mess it up. Maybe I should have let him mess it up, I was already giving up on Andrew coming to class anyway.

"Morning sis, wake up well?"Bishop asked with a smile that I found peculiar.

He was usually less chatty and more hangover on Tuesday mornings. Why was he so chipper?

"No but it looks like you certainly did."I replied and leaned over to get a whiff of his cologne.

When I was hit with the smell of something fruity I immediately knew the reason for his mood.

"You got laid just before you came to class. No wonder you're so happy, your pumped full of endorphins."I commented.

"No I didn't."He denied making a poor job of it.

"Yes you did. I can smell Whitney all over you."I stated as a matter of fact.

"Okay fine I got laid but what's wrong with wanting to have some fun before class?"He asked with a chuckle and I resisted the urge to punch him.

He didn't get to be so happy while I was drowning in misery. His messed up relationship didn't get to actually beat my non existent one with Andrew. Before I could rip him a new one, the lecturer who's name I never bothered to catch spoke up saving Bishop from getting a piece of my mind.

"Okay class enough chitchat. You had a free period last week but not this time around. Take out your notebooks, there's going to be lots of writing today."He demanded and everyone groaned.

Bishop looked at me pleadingly and I immediately knew what he wanted.

"NO!"I whisper yelled and turned away from him.