Chapter Five

PIERRA'S POV

I turned around on my bed, buried my face into my pillow and screamed my lungs out. I couldn't believe that I had unloaded like that on Andrew. It was less than twenty four hours since I'd walked out of his room after opening my heart out to him and I still could not get over the embarrassment. The poor guy must have been traumatized by my daunting life considering he had barely said two words to me since I decided to word vomit on him.

I hadn't lied to him but I had told him more than I had ever told anyone out loud. I didn't hate my brother. Quite the contrary, I loved the fool with my whole heart but I wished he would let up a little. I had a non existent love life, no male friends and no girlfriends because most of them only wanted to be my friend for clout, that was more my choice than Bishops but still, it was one small stone cast at him compared to the boulders he harbored. I hated the control Bishop had over my life, it helped sometimes but more often than not it did more damage than good.

It was so bad that I would have died a virgin were I not a rebel myself. After our highschool graduation our dad had taken Bishop with him for a business trip in Zimbabwe. Without my big brother hovering over me, I had snuck out and gone to a party. A guy I'd had a crush on back then had flirted with me and he ended taking my virginity that night. I'd immediately regretted it as it had been fast and painful. Even with the regret I'd had some pride in myself for doing something for myself without Bishop being a control freak over my life. I'd tried sex a few more times later on when we joined campus and the experience had gotten better, just nothing to brag about.

Point being, Bishop ruled over my life so I was very much looking forward to completing university so we could both go our separate ways. Bishop would definitely resist and insist to follow me or I follow him but I would fight it with every fiber of my being. I was done living in his shadow and by his rules.

Feeling bored in my four walls I decided to get out of bed and get some work done. I'd received some sports wear from a shop in the city with my shipment the previous day and they needed my help with advertising. It was a lazy Sunday evening and I had completed all my course work so I got working on that project.

After taking a shower, doing my hair and applying some light make up I got dressed in the outfit consisting of grey high waisted yoga pants, a matching sports bra, grey sneakers and a black baseball cap. I tried taking a few pictures around my room with my phone but it just wasn't working. I shrugged on a baggy hoodie, put all my stuff in a small purple backpack and left my room. I decided to take my photoshoot to the gym which was a better environment and fit the outfits purpose perfectly. It was the first time I was leaving my place since I'd locked myself in there after running away from Andrew's room.

I didn't know any good gyms since I never visited that establishment which meant I had to pass by my brothers barber shop and ask for his help. I hadn't talked to Bishop since I left him standing in the middle of the restaurant when I went to apologize to Andrew. I had ignored all his messages and blew off his calls so he could acknowledge just how pissed I was at him. I would have ignored him for longer but I needed his advice on the gym to use. He liked working out so he had to know a good facility.

I found Bishop seated outside as always talking to one of his goons, whose name I could not remember for the life of me even though he had been working with my brother for more than two years. Bishop dismissed him immediately when he noticed me then got up and stalked towards me. Before I could get a word out he pulled me into his arms for a hug.

"I'm so sorry sis."He apologized sounding sincere and I didn't have the strength to be mad at him anymore.

Bishop was a prick more than half the time but when it came to me he always acknowledged when he overstepped and apologized for it. He was always overstepping in my opinion but that word didn't have the same meaning to the both of us. He was overbearing to me but to him he was a doting big brother who at times took it too far like he had the previous day.