Chapter Three

PIERRA'S POV

I was collecting a delivery I'd gotten from the post office when my phone rang. I immediately picked up when I noticed that it was Bishop calling. He always overreacted when I didn't pick up his calls or took too much time to answer.

"What do you want loser?"I asked my mind running through how I was going to get all the boxes I'd received to my room.

"Tsk tsk that's no way to greet your big brother."He scolded.

"How should I greet you then?"I asked with no trace of humor in my voice.

"Good afternoon your Majesty The Bishop, how may I help you this wonderful fine day?"He replied trying to imitate my voice and I burst out laughing.

I may not have agreed with Bishops choice of a lifestyle but he was my brother and you didn't get to choose your family. In my case I might have had a choice with the whole adoption part but you get the gist of what I meant.

"Seriously loser what do you want? I'm busy."I asked.

"Okay fine grumpy pants, I wanted to invite you for lunch because I have know you haven't eaten yet."He answered.

"I can't, I'm busy."I declined.

"I wasn't asking, I was telling so get unbusy and meet me at the barber shop."He demanded and hang up before I could protest.

"Did that fool just hang up on me? Oh he's going to get it."I huffed stomping my foot in frustration feeling like flinging my phone against the wall but I couldn't.

It had been a birthday present from my dad and I really treasured it. I could easily refuse to go and meet Bishop for lunch but he would make sure I never got to hear the end of it. Knowing I had no choice I called my usual motorcycle rider and asked him to meet me at the post office. When he got there I helped him load the boxes on his motorcycle. I paid him and asked him to deliver them to my room. He'd just leave them outside the door. Our houses were secure so nobody would dare touch my stuff.

Feeling disgruntled I made my way to the barber shop knowing I was already late but I didn't care. Bishop could suck it for calling me on such a short notice. It's like he expected me to always be on his beck and call. I also had a life away from him just like he had his own. I knew that the barber shop was just a front for his weed dealing business. He thought he was so clever but I knew all about his businesses, I just chose to stay quiet. I loved Bishop so I didn't want to get him into trouble.

I'd tried to talk him out of the business for so long encouraging him to focus on his degree but he always said he was in too deep to leave. He didn't even need the money, our parents were already well off so we didn't lack anything. He just liked being powerful and in university you were either powerful because you were into politics which Bishop hated with a passion so he chose the other option which was drugs and goon life. I didn't like it but I didn't have a choice but to accept him. I'd also had the choice to rant him out to our dad but that would be the end of Bishop and I loved my brother.

"There she is, her Highness finally makes an entrance."Bishop commented sarcastically when he saw me.

He was seated on a bench outside his shop ogling girls as they passed by. I hated when he did that but for some reason the girls were attracted to him. It always baffled me.

"Can we go and get this over and done with? I have a lot of work."I replied honestly.

The packages I had just received were different outfits from a clothing shop in Nairobi that wanted me to promote their line. I'd started working as an ambassador as a hobby but once I gained a lot of followers on all my social media platforms especially Instagram and YouTube I'd started taking it more seriously. I didn't need the money so most of the income I made went out to help those displaced by the 2007 post election violence. It was fourteen years after that tragedy yet there were still people out there who weren't as lucky as me and were suffering. Our government was shit and wouldn't help so it was up to well wishers like me and NGO's to make a difference. Only my family knew why I did what I did and my history so they made sure to be supportive and I would forever be grateful. Even Bishop and his drug money helped. It was dirty money but still money which made a lot of difference and helped save many people.