Chapter Eight

ANDREW'S POV

"What is the one thing you can't live without? Like if you were to loose all material things except for one, what would it be?"Pierra asked after I had taken a picture of her next to the pond.

The water was still so the light reflected off the surface hitting her face enhancing her natural beauty. I wanted to keep staring at her but that would seem creepy so instead I used the method I'd been using for years and used my lens. It was how I saw the world anyway and in that moment she was the only thing that existed in my whole world. It was just the two of us yet I felt like a bystander because of how much power she held yet she didn't even know it.

"My camera."I replied easily without having to think about it.

"I should have guessed that seeing as it's always with you."She commented and I didn't reply.

At some point she had ditched the camera I gave her complaining that I was terrible at posing for photos. In my defense I had warned her. I liked taking photos of other people but I hated having my photo taken.

"What about you?"I asked following behind her as we walked towards the sunflowers.

I had been waiting to take her photos from there ever since we arrived and it seemed like she had finally broke and wanted it too. It was refreshing taking photos of her with her consent not like all the secrets ones I'd taken from afar. She would probably leave and never speak to me if she found out about my stalker tendencies. That's why I had to keep it to myself until we'd built a stronger bond.

"Probably my sneaker collection."She replied laughing and I cussed softly when I was too late to capture her smile.

"I would have thought you'd say your backpacks, the purple ones, you seem to have sentimental attachment to them."I commented and she stopped walking.

"I didn't think anyone noticed that but you're right I do have a connection with my purple bags."She replied with a sad smile that I immediately wanted to replace with a happy one.

I wanted to tell her than I noticed everything about her but that would sell me off and expose my stalker tendencies.

"What's the connection?"I asked snapping another photo.

I frowned when I saw that her eyes looked moist in the picture. What was so bad about the bags that made her want to cry? I had always thought she just loved the color purple. I was definitely wrong and there was a deeper story to it, a sad one as shown by the tears gathering at her eyelids. I didn't intend to make her sad and was about to assure her that she didn't have to reply when she pulled her signature move. She wore her usual fake smile mask and swiped off the tears careful not to smudge her make up.

"Take me on a third date and I'll tell you. It's my turn to ask a question. How did you discover this place?"She asked changing the topic.

I was left in awe at how fast she was at faking her emotions. I wanted her to be real with me but I had to earn her trust first.

"I will take you on that date you know."I answered and she gave me a genuine smile.

"I expect nothing less, now what's the story?"She asked motioning to the place.

She was changing the topic of discussion so I gave in and let her be. We had time to get into the deep intimate details as I'd really take her on that date as she had requested.

"One day I was looking for inspiration and came across this place. It was perfect and I've always come here when I felt like I needed to escape and just be one with nature. I brought Cass here once but he said it looked haunted plus its too far from campus so he didn't appreciate it's beauty like I did."I answered and she nodded.