Chapter Twenty Nine

ANDREW'S POV

Watching Pierra worry over her brother over the past one week took its toll on the both of us. I felt helpless because I couldn't help her while she barely ate or slept and she also skipped a lot of classes. I couldn't tell her off because it was her brother's life on the line but I was getting really worried about her.

The doctors had decided on waking Bishop up from his medical induced coma in a few hours that's why Pierra was taking a shower in my bathroom getting ready. Bishop had shown signs of improvement which was good because it meant that the better he got the easier it would get for Pierra. She could finally relax and start taking care of herself better. Even I could finally relax and stop worrying about her every minute. I loved Pierra and would take care of her always but she made it very hard to do that when she didn't even want to try.

My phone vibrated with an incoming email and since I was seated at my desk I decided to just open it on my computer. It was an email from the International Photography Awards competition that I'd submitted my portfolio to. I had been so wrapped up in the Bishop scandal I had forgotten all about it. I knew I had no shot of winning but they gave very good reviews on the work submitted which I was hoping to use to better my work. I would definitely win some day after perfecting my work.

When I opened the email, the first sentence had my jaw falling to the floor. I'd won the discovery of the Year Prize which was five thousand dollars in prize money, a free exhibition, publication, travel allowance and accommodation to collect my award in Paris.

All I saw were the words congratulations, second place and Paris before I was jumping up yelling in excitement. I hadn't even considered the possibility of me winning so finding out that I'd somehow beaten thousands of other photographers from all over the world made me really happy and proud of myself.

Pierra walked out of the bathroom a towel wrapped around her, as she used another to dry her arms. I snatched her up making her yelp in surprise as I twirled her around.

"What's all the excitement for?"Pierra asked chuckling and it was a nice sound to hear from her.

She had been so sad the past week, all she had been giving me were fake smiles to assure me she was okay but I saw right through them.

Instead of replying, I sat her down on my desk chair and pointed at my monitor. She read over the first few lines, her smile growing wider. She got up once she'd read enough to get the gist of what I was talking about and wrapped her hands around my shoulders. I wrapped mine around her waist and lifted her up so that she was forced to wrap her legs around my waist. She kissed my cheek before pulling back and looking at me with adoration glistening in her eyes.

"Congratulations Andre. I'm so proud of you."She proclaimed before swooping in and capturing my lips in a sweet kiss.

I kissed her back harder my heart beating excitedly from both the win and the fact that I was able to share such an important moment in my photography career with my girlfriend.

"Thanks for believing in me. I honestly would not have made it this far if you hadn't pushed me to make that final submission and agreeing to be my model."I replied and she just grinned and kissed my cheek.

"Anything for you love. Now please put me down, I still need to get dressed and go see Bishop. Though we will definitely celebrate your win later." She suggested and I reluctantly put her down.

"I'd like that."I agreed with a nod.

I was already dressed so I gave Pierra her space and time to get ready. I sat back on my desk and read over the rest of the email. I was very happy about my win and it was a nice change of pace from what had we had been going through the past one week. It made Pierra smile and me happy so it was a very welcome surprise.