Chapter Seven

PIERRA'S POV

I kicked a stone off the curb and it went across the road almost hitting a pedestrian on the other side. I was waiting for Andrew to pick me up for our date and I should have thought twice about deciding to arrive early because it was not helping with my anxiety. I had actually thought he had forgotten about the date when I didn't hear from him all week but I had gotten a text the previous night with the time and location.

Honestly I had no idea why I said yes when Andrew asked me out. Every logical sense in my body had told me to say no but when I saw his smile coupled with the fact that the guy asking was the one I'd crushed on for years I had blurted out yes. I just wanted a taste of dating life with someone I actually liked no matter how short it could be or dangerous if Bishop found out. I hadn't even told Bishop for fear of his reaction but I honestly didn't care at the moment, I was too invested in my date.

The ringing of a bell attracted my attention and I turned my head just in time to catch Andrew riding towards me on a bicycle. I was both confused and intrigued as to what he was up to but I had to admit he looked good. He was wearing ripped black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt with a black leather jacket over it and white sneakers. He had a backpack slung over his shoulder with his tripod strapped to the bottom of the bag.

He stopped next to me and I had to take a step back so he didn't run into me.

"Good afternoon Pierra, ready to go?"He asked and I just looked at him with wide eyes.

"Are we walking there?"I asked.

"No we're riding. I was going to rent you your own bike but this was the only one they had left. Luckily it has a seat so saves us an awkward ride there if you had to sit on this metal."He replied tapping the bar connecting the handle bars and the seat.

"You're crazy if you think I'm riding on that bicycle in this outfit."I declared pointing at myself.

I was wearing a cropped pink hoodie, a matching short skirt that reached mid thigh and black heeled boots. My hair was in an afro bun and my make up was flawless.

"You'll be fine if you sit sideways. I promise not to drop you, I'm an excellent rider."He promised and I rolled my eyes at him.

"It has nothing to do with your riding skills, my skirt is too short, I might accidentally flash someone."I protested mumbling the last part.

"Then you'll be making their day."He chuckled and I felt myself start to get angry.

"You know what I'm done. Date cancelled, see you around Andrew, I'm going home."I sighed feeling disappointed that he had failed me.

I had been looking forward to going out with him all week, scratch that for three years then he had to pull such a stunt. I didn't even want to go out with him anymore.

"Pierra wait, don't go."He pleaded reaching out to hold my hand so I didn't walk away.

I looked down at my wrist and I didn't know if he knew that it was the first time we were touching after all the years we had known each other. I looked up at him ignoring my rising body temperature.

"I'm sorry, this is not how intended for this to go. A week ago I didn't even think this, us, going out was possible so I'm really freaking out. I'm nervous that's why I'm behaving so weird. I'd have driven you, I have people I can borrow a car from but I don't have my license yet. We were going to walk but I remembered a post you uploaded on Instagram a while back saying how much you miss bike riding so I thought it would be a fun idea. I'm sorry I messed up, we can ditch the bike but don't leave."He expressed himself and my heart softened.