Chapter Thirty Three

ANDREW'S POV

I was leaving for Paris in two days and I still hadn't heard anything from Pierra. I had spent the last three weeks in agony over how we had left things. Even with my terrible emotional state I had been able to convince the university to let me sit for my exams early. With Pietro's help I managed to get my passport, gotten the necessary immunization shots and all the needed documents were in place just waiting for the travel date to arrive.

I had been so excited by my win but not being able to share it with Pierra, my inspiration, had dampened my mood. Pierra had been the face behind my victory in the first place and it just felt wrong to be celebrating without her.

Since Pierra had decided to probably cut me off completely I'd travelled home for a weekend to spend time with my mom and sister before the trip. They had both been disappointed when I went home without her. They knew that I had been planning on asking her to accompany me to Paris and expected me to introduce them all before we left. I didn't have the heart to tell them that we broke up as I was having a hard time admitting it to myself so I'd come up with some lame excuse about Pierra having family issues to deal with. I didn't lie anyway, her brother was the biggest issue between us. I just wished there was a way to fix us before we got to the point where we avoided each other just like we had before we started dating officially.

"Careful with that before you chop your hand off."My mom's voice warned behind me.

I stopped the cutting and turned to face her. I had been so lost in thought as I trimmed the fence that I didn't hear her approach me.

"I wouldn't but thanks for the warning mom."I replied taking a bandana from my back pocket and wiping my sweaty brow with it.

My mom looked at me with a worried expression on her face. I knew I looked terrible, I hadn't been sleeping well, didn't have an appetite and was more quiet that normal but I couldn't help it. I feared more than anything that I had ruined everything with Pierra and that this time around it was for good. I didn't want to loose her, she meant too much to me but I had messed up big. I had given her the space she needed but she hadn't reached out like I expected her to. Paris was in two days and if I left without fixing things then it would probably be the end for us.

"Are you going to tell me what really happened with Pierra or will you keep up with the tough macho man act?"My mom asked her hands crossed over her chest.

"I messed up and that's all I can say. If I tell you the details then you'll be ashamed of me and I can't have another woman in my life hate me."I concluded the words weighing heavily on my heart.

"I'd never hate you. Your my son and no matter what you do, I will always be proud of you but it's okay if you don't want to tell me the truth. Can I give you a piece of advice son?"My mom asked.

"Yes please."I replied with a simple nod of my head.

"It's okay to feel low right now that you're in a spat with Pierra, it happens in all meaningful relationships as it shows she means a great deal to you. Take courage in the fact that if she's meant to be yours then you will definitely fix things but if not then the one for you is still out there somewhere."My mom consoled.

In a way what she said is exactly what I needed to hear but I knew deep down in my heart that there was no one else for me. Pierra was it for me and I would hold onto the hope that she would come back to me for as long as I could.

"Thanks mom."I replied with a smile.

"Anytime, now finish up here then come in for lunch, I made one of your favorites,mushrooms and rice."She said.