Chapter Thirty

PIERRA'S POV

I had an hour before I was supposed to arrive at the hospital in time to wake Bishop up so I decided to walk instead of taking a taxi there. I needed to think about what Andrew had proposed. It's not that I didn't want to accompany him to Paris, I wanted to but there were a lot of factors to consider. My first answer when he asked had been a definite yes. As Andrew had mentioned it had always been a dream of mine to go Paris, it would be even better with him by my side.

My parents would let me go with a little convincing and Bishop would definitely fight me about it but his opinion didn't really matter. I wanted to go but was I ready to take that next step with Andrew. Our last trip together had been monitored by our parents, Paris would be a far cry from that. Another continent, far away from home, it was almost like a litter get away with just the both of us that thought scared me. Andrew and I had grown so much in the months we had dated. From him meeting my family and getting along with them, me bonding with his friends, our first time together and finally proclaiming our love for each other.

We were in such a good place and I didn't want anything ruining that. Would Paris make us stronger or would it be a set back that I was not ready to face yet. Bishop was still very sick and even though he was improving there was still so much uncertainty and I would not feel comfortable leaving him like that. Our parents didn't know about his situation and even though Whitney and I got along better now, I still didn't fully trust her to take care of my brother on her own.

When I got to the hospital I made my way qdirectly to Bishops room where I found the doctor conversing with Whitney just outside his room. I pushed all thought of Andrew and Paris aside so I could focus on my brother.

"I'm not late, am I?"I asked when I got close enough for them to hear me.

"Not at all, just on time. I was just answering some questions for Whitney here. But now that you've arrived we can get onto waking up the young man."The doctor claimed opening the door to Bishops room and walking in.

"You ready?"I asked Whitney.

"I think so."She replied giving me a tight smile.

"It'll be okay."I consoled following the doctor in.

Whitney walked in after me. I closed the door gently behind us and turned to face my brother and the doctor standing next to all the machines. Some of Bishops injuries were already healing but was still in really bad shape.

"We started reducing the drugs gradually from yesterday so now we're going to take him off them completely. Fair warning he might not wake up immediately but be patient because he eventually will."The doctor advised and we both nodded.

Whitney and I stood side by side giving each other strength as we watched the doctor do his work and wake Bishop. Nothing happened at first but after twenty minutes of patiently waiting Bishop eyelids fluttered awake. Whitney and I squealed excitedly but quietly so as not to startle him as we hugged each other.

We gave the doctor space to perform a simple examination just to make sure that Bishop was okay.

"Hello young man, my name is Dr. Peter and you are at the hospital. You've been under a medically induce coma for a week so I'm going to ask you a few questions to make sure you're okay. First what is your name?"The doctor asked.

"Bishop."My brother croaked out in a hoarse voice.

"Good, what is your sisters name?"The doctor continued.

"Pierra."He replied and I smiled that he could remember me.

"And who is that young lady over there?"He asked pointing at Whitney.