Chapter Ten

ANDREW'S POV

I watched Pierra stomp out the door and when she disappeared from sight I dropped back on the seat with a sigh. I rubbed my face feeling both angry and frustrated. That was not how I wanted things to happen between us. I had known the risk when I asked her out yet I could not even stand up for myself. I had no idea how Bishop found out about our date but the fact was that he did and that had been the end of me and Pierra. I had to be grateful that he did not kill me otherwise no one would have been there to take care or my mom and sister.

A woman on her way home from work had seen the incident happen and shouted for help that's why Bishop and his goons fled. I'd woken up the three days later in hospital thankfully with no broken bones except for two ribs. They hadn't touched my face, probably so Pierra wouldn't pick up on what happened. I stayed at the hospital for two weeks and since my ribs hadn't healed well I couldn't climb stairs so I moved to Cass's hostel since he lived on the ground floor. Bishop really had done a number on me but at least he hadn't killed me.

It broke my heart talking to Pierra like that and see her so broken knowing it was my fault but I had my family to think about. As much as it hurt to think about, Pierra was a beautiful girl and would find someone else soon.

"I totally understand why you had to do what you just did and say all that but damn if it wasn't mean."Cass commented next to me and I turned to face him.

"You think I don't know that."I grunted.

"Hey man I mean no trouble."Class argued raising his hands in surrender when he saw the pissed off look on my face.

I just broke the heart of the one girl who meant more to me than I realized. Maybe if I could have told her the truth we have been able to fix things. Maybe she could have talked her brother down like she had offered but there was too much at risk. I had to sell one of my cameras to afford the hospital expenses and pay for the damages on the bicycle. I could not afford a loss like that again.

The door to the parlor opened again and the temperature changed once more. I looked up and came face to face with Bishop. I jumped from the seat my healing ribs protesting the abrupt move. The brute had messed with me and my equipment but he was alone and I had my friends with me this time around and they would defend me.

"Don't bring trouble in here Bishop."Ned warned standing up for me.

Ned was a big guy, almost as heavily built as Bishop covered in tattoos with a short beard and a shaved head making him very intimidating. I knew that Bishop was Ned's customer but Ned would not hesitate to cut him off for my sake. Bishop sized Ned up before chuckling and side stepping him to approach me.

"Don't worry I'm not here to cause trouble. I ran into my sister on the way here on the verge of tears. I'm glad you decided to do as we agreed. Better hurt her feelings now than break her heart later."He said and I had to pocket my hands so I didn't act upon the burning urge in the pit of my stomach and hit him.

Bishop was a twisted fuck and the more the talked, the more I wanted to shove him in a meat grinder and turn it on but I couldn't do that because I wasn't a murder and I didn't want to hurt Pierra more than I already had.

"Dude that's kind of mean. What kind of twisted person does that to his sister?"Cass asked voicing my exact thoughts.

"None of your business besides I didn't come here to discuss family matters with you."He spat and Cass stepped back when he noticed Bishop was getting angry.

Ned turned around and faced Bishop"Then why are you here?"He asked probably resisting the urge to kick him out.

"My birthday is a week and I need a photographer for the event."Bishop stated looking at me.