Rant

"Yow, wazzup?" tanong sa akin ni Jack habang nakahiga sa kama nito. Tinaasan ko naman siya ng isang kilay nang makita ko kung ano ang hitsura ng kwarto niya. I also saw the mini-table for his computer and the armchair that I gave him. Psh. Okay, at least may pakinabang naman pala ang binigay ko sa kaniyang mga gamit. We haven't spoken, like, two months. The last time we talk in a video call was when I was still quarantined and he called me at midnight pagkatapos noon he slowly detached. Although I sent him a message, but it's like three messages tapos wala na. Nakakatampo, pero we both have our own lives. That didn't mean he's not my best friend just because we don't talk often. I also expected this to happen. I mean, I imagined it as a possibility ng magdecide akong umalis sa city na yun that it will come a time na we will end up not talking that frequently. When it happened, I wasn't shocked. Even though it kind of hurts, but it's manageable.

"So, you're still alive, huh?" I sarcastically asked him.

"Yep, hindi pa naman namamatay," natatawang sabi niya. I rolled my eyes at him. "Ang maldita mo naman ngayon."

"Naiinis ako," sabi ko sa kaniya and pouted.

"Because of what you sent me," sabi nito. Tumango ako.

"I need someone to talk about it or else I might go crazy," I said, laughing without humor. "Tell me, I was right, diba? Hindi ako baliw to assume na she's copying me."

"Yes, maybe? I never really thought about her actions Ella but nang napuna mo I kinda noticed it now," he said.

"Diba? As soon as I changed my hair color, she did it too. Every time I do shit on my body, she follows me. I write. She writes too. Okay naman sana eh. You know how much I supported her because she WAS my friend, but liking the things that I like. Doing things that I like. Whenever I create stories, she posts hers too. She's also trying to write stories out of my story. Ano yan, Jack? Isn't that crazy? Naiinis ako! Can she just not do it? I'm okay with her writing, but she should at least not follow what I write. Saan na ang originality niya?" I said and breathe deep when I finished speaking. 

"What if this is a coincidence, Ella?" sabi niya. "What if she really just idolized you because she wants to be you?"

"She doesn't need to be me to idolize me Jack. That's so insane! It was a mistake to trust her.” I said. "I read the story she was writing. Jack, that was my idea! I sent her that draft of my prologue so that she would have an idea how I create my prologue pero bakit niya ginawan ng story? Ugh! She never even asked for permission. Do you have any idea how shocked I was to read an idea that was from me pero iba ang gumawa? It's like someone's stealing from you! Never tell me she didn't even reach out to you because I know she did. I know she did when she realized we were close. Ang baliw!"

"She did sent me a message,” Jack said. Mas lalo tuloy akong naiinis kay Erica. She's one of our friend-- I mean my ex-friend. The moment she stole my idea without talking to me is the moment I stopped calling her a friend. Betrayal. One thing that makes me cut ties with people is betrayal. She betrayed me by robbing my idea and making it seems like it's hers. I can forgive her mimicking me, but I cannot forgive the idea that I thought and worked hard for was just robbed by someone. As a writer, having someone rob your idea would mean everything to you. It's like half of my brain has been stolen and placed at her. Although, yes, I didn't follow through with that idea, but it doesn't give her the right to create something out of that idea because that was mine! I used my brain cells at least to write that prologue and create the characters so why? Why does she need to do that? Why steal something when she's capable of creating one? She always wants to show everyone that she's great, so writing a novel should be easy for her. I mean she's intelligent, I give her that. That's why I encourage her to write because she's got such potential.