Forward

I watched the lady in front of me. The wind blew her long, brown, straight hair. I saw how the white floral dress embraced the curves of her body. Her skin sparkled in the sunlight. I can see the smile on her perfect sweet red lips that I yearn to kiss every single day, as she feels the wind and sunlight on her face. I want to see those pale brown eyes staring at me as if it was reading my soul. 

It reminded me of the first time I saw her. Man, I was smitten. She wasn't in a good mood that day. She was sweating and annoyed about something. She'd kill anyone that pissed her off at that moment, but to me, it made her even prettier. I believe she's having her lunch, and so am I. Actually, I have a lot of work to do, but here I am, looking at this lady across the table. I can't even move an inch on my seat. She was talking to somebody on her phone, writing something on her notebook and eating a spoonful of rice. Talk about multitasking.

"Sir?" The waiter caught my attention.

"I'm sorry. Ano na nga iyong na order ko?" tanong ko sa kaniya sabay kamot sa batok ko. The waiter tried to hide his smile, but he failed. I saw the teasing glimmer in his eyes.

"Wala pa po, sir," magalang na sabi nito. Natawa naman ako sa sinabi niya. I did not realized na hindi pa pala ako naka-order. I was too preoccupied by the lady in front of me. 

"Oh, sorry," I said, bago sinabi ang order ko. I can't help, but to chuckle. "Please bring a chocolate parfait to the beautiful lady near the window." 

"Yes, sir," the waiter smiled brightly at me. I waited for my order while I indulged in the sight her from afar. I saw the confusion on her face when the same waiter gave her the chocolate parfait.

I could see the waiter telling her where it came from and point at me. I was taken aback. I never said he could tell her it came from me, dang, but I don't remember saying he shouldn't either. This is the most anxious I've ever been in my life. I feel so nervous, especially after our eyes have crossed. What's the term in Tagalog? Ahh--- torpe. Yes, natotorpe ako.

My heart skipped a beat when she rose on her seat and walk towards my direction with the chocolate parfait in her hand. I felt embarrassed and self-conscious. I thought that maybe she didn't have a thing for chocolates. Perhaps I should have asked her what she prefers. I can't imagine going over there and asking her what she wants. I tried to play it cool. I'm not so sure whether this is cool though.

Come on! What has gotten into you, Calvin? Nawawala na ba ang ang asim mo? Why are you so nervous in front of a woman? My inner douche bag self asked. 

"Hi, you may have confused me for another person." She said politely with a shy smile. I was not able to react right away. I just sat there gawking at her like a fool. I felt like the world stopped turning as soon as she open her mouth to speak. Yuck! I sounded so gay.

Inilapag nito ang chocolate parfait sa lamesa ko. I opened my mouth to tell her something, only to close them again. She courteously waited for my answer, but I was just staring at her stupidly. I heard her phone vibrate. I think I heard her say, 'weird' before walking away from my table. I tried to stop her, pero ewan ko ba. Hindi ako makapagsalita. 

Calm down, you piece of shit! I said to myself.

Ilang minuto pa siguro ang lumipas, bago ako nagkalakas-loob na lapitan ito. I secretly check my reflection in the glass window. I wear a blue jeans with a white shirt and a light brown overcoat. I know it's not my best look and it looks so simple. I don't think it would be enough to impress this beautiful lady. Teka nga lang, when did I start questioning my fashion sense? 

Be a man! Be a man! Be a man! I chanted to myself. It's now or never. The lunch is nearly over at kung hindi ko siya kakausapin ngayon, I might not be able to see her again. I know I'm going to regret it. I mustered my courage and walked towards the lady who was occupied at her table. She never bothered to eat anymore. She was still talking to her phone. She didn't even see me walk in front of her. Tumikhim ako, pero hindi niya ako napansin agad. Mas nilakasan ko tuloy lalo ang tikhim ko. This time, I managed to catch her attention. Nagpaalam ito sa kausap sa phone bago ako hinarap.