My Honest Poem

I was born on April 5th,
That makes me an Aries. It is said that I am bold and passionate

I am 4'11... I think
I weigh.. nevermind.
I am not skilled at playing any musical instruments. I don't know how to play anything except for some chords on a keyboard.
But I am always a sucker for a man who plays musical instruments, is funny, and smells nice. 

I am still learning how to whisper.
I tend to be loud in places where I should be quiet.
I'm often quiet in places where I should be loud.

My father said when he was drunk one night talking to his friends that he saw a bright shooting star on the night I was born.
For him, that was not a good thing but a bad omen.
He told his friends that's when he knew that I would be a headache, different and out-of-control.

I like music and poetry a lot.
I've been told that my voice is really loud.
People think I'm angry when I'm simply explaining.
Well, sometimes because I really am, but not all the time.

Secretly, I get really shy when someone compliments me, but I just humor it out by acting confident even if I wasn't.
However, I love it when someone sends me a long paragraph with a touching message saying what they love or like about me.

I have an odd fascination with the sky especially its sunrise, and sunset.
I assume it is because each time I look at the sky, I can see a never-ending painting.
A unique art that needs to be admired.
Even with vivid colors or just blue and white, it was always there, beautiful despite its variations.
The beauty of it is apparent at sunrise and when it slowly loses its colors at sunset.

It wasn't always beautiful though. The sky sometimes looks terrifying but also ethereal sometimes, but all of those things are part of its multiple reality.  Its actual self.
That is why I tend to fall in love with people who show their authenticity, even if how bad they think they are.

I know that sounds crazy, but it's easier than it seems.
And to be honest, I think it's safer that way.

Relationships are frequently reminders that I'm not afraid of heights or falling.
I'm afraid of giving myself to someone again, only to be hurt or broken.
That makes me a coward.

I am very clumsy. I always dropped my things everywhere and tend to fall in love with boys who know how to break my heart into million pieces.

People think I have a high self-esteem, but I tripped over my confidence yesterday.
Landed on my pride and it shattered like an iPhone with a broken face
Now I can't even tell who's trying to give me a compliment or just being sarcastic.

I was never a runner, but I always ran away from love.
It was a result of having a heartache when I was young.
I am not a cactus, but I tend to unintentionally hurt those people who try to love me.
I am also not a builder, but I have these tall invisible walls around me.

I know this sounds weird, but sometimes I wonder what my bed sheets say about me during my absence. I wonder what the curtains would do if they found out about all the things I've done behind their backs.
I wonder what my phone or computer would think each time I write my feelings to them instead of expressing them.
I have a hamper that's overflowing with really really loud mistakes.
And a graveyard in my closet.

I'm not proud of who I was.
I'm afraid that if I let you see my skeletons.
Y

ou would grind my bones into powder and get high on my fault lines.

Hi, my name is Maris Stella
My name means 'Star of the Sea'.
My name was derived from Stella Maris, the name of my mother.
I have a huge taste in music, and I laugh at past mistakes when I have already processed them, even if they weren't something that needed to be laughed about.
I don't give myself permission to cry as often as I need to.
I hold back from being vulnerable with anyone.

I have solar power confidence.
I have a battery-operated smile.
My hobbies include:
Expressing my emotions through writing

Hiding behind metaphors,
And trying to convince my shadow that I'm someone worth following, admiring, or even loving.

I don't know much, but I do know this:
I am aware that music is abundant in heaven.
I know God listens to my heartbeat on his iPod. It reminds him that we still got work to do.

(This is based on Rudy Francisco's My Honest Poem).