Alike

He has a fair skin. He's a couple of inches taller than me. His hair looks great. There are two kinds of guys for me, the ones that know which hairstyle suits them and the ones who doesn't have any idea which works for them, he's the first one. He always smile, making him approachable. He can make me laugh. He's funny and is a great conversationalist. He always got something to say, but he's also great at reading my mood. He's kind of touchy and clingy. Touchy in the sense that he always put his arms over my shoulder or hold my hands when he's close. He's a simple guy and he's not picky. He has a talent for music and guitar. He has a great personality and manners that I liked the most and he has this shiny silver earring on his left ear.

You may think I'm describing the man of my dreams, but I'm not. It's a description of my ex and my friend. You see, magkatulad na magkatulad sila, their mannerism, their fashion sense. How they spoke, but with different accents. The way they both behave in the same way as if they knew how to play with my heart. They both knew what I wanted. They both knew how I felt and I hate that.

Hindi naman sa lahat ng bagay magkatulad sila. My friend is half Chinese while my ex is a pure Filipino. They have different eyes since my friend has chinky eyes while my ex has this big, innocent, round eyes. My friend is very hard working, like a full-blooded Chinese. He's very business minded whereas my ex is passionate about music. My ex has great musical skills. He has his own compositions and he can transform any music into an accoustic one without listening to it twice.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that they are not the same. It's just that I can't turn a blind eyes every time they act the same way.

The funny part is, their names are spelled differently, but sounds the same, Kris and Chris. Nakakatawa lang talaga eh. Pinaglalaruan ba ako ng tadhana? Maybe destiny just wanted to make fun of me kaya ginaganito ako.

Chris, my ex, we didn't have the closure that I needed. We didn't end in a good note. Kaya nga siguro kahit nakamove on na ako, naiinis pa rin ako kapag naalala ko ang mga katarantaduhang ginawa niya sa relasyon namin.

Well, let's just say that because of what happened to us, I got cautious with the boys around me, especially with the light-skinned ones. Yup, nagka-phobia yata ako sa mga mapuputi na lalaki. Which is why I tried to stay away from them, but then who the hell am I kidding?

I didn't even knew back then na nag-e-exist pala ang isang Kris sa office namin. A few months ago when I first saw him, I was really not attracted to him kasi maputi siya. Oo na. Judgemental ako sa mga mapuputi. During that time I had a childish crush on someone else. My friends kept asking me kung sino, pero siyempre nahihiya pa naman akong aminin kasi nga the guy that I had crush at the time was older than me and has a higher position in our office. Hindi naman ganun kataas, pero nakakahiya pa rin. They were speculating about who I liked and they thought it was him, Kris. I was like, huh? Talaga? Hindi ah. Ni hindi ko nga kilala kung sino siya and then I saw him. There's nothing special or spark that happened. Sa isip ko, why do they think he's handsome? Mas gwapo naman yung crush ko. Moreno tapos kulot yung buhok. Malakas yung dating at saka gwapo, but enough with my ex-crush. Let's focus on me and Kris. To make the story short, me and Kris became friends.

We enjoyed each others company. We have a lot of similarities too. Ang gusto ko sa kaniya is that sinasakyan niya ang mga trip ko sa buhay. Ni hindi ko nga nararamdaman na may lahing Chinese siya at may pera siya. He's very humble and simple. We clicked and everyone knows that something is going on between us but recently, I started to notice his similarities to my ex. I know that I'm being unfair to him and it's wrong to compare him to Chris, but I can't help it. I noticed his hidden temper. I noticed they kinda dress alike and I hate it. Bakit? I'm starting to fall for him, pero sa tuwing aakto siya na parang ex ko, ang isang hakbang ko para mahulog nang tuluyan sa kaniya ay katumbas naman ng limang hakbang palayo. I know I shouldn't make comparisons. Magkaibang tao sila pero natatakot ako. Paano kung hindi ko pala talaga siya gusto? Paano kung ganito lang yung nararamdaman ko kasi magkatulad silang dalawa ng lalaking pinagkatiwalaan ko ng lahat-lahat pero winasak ako? Paano kung sasaktan lang rin niya naman ako? Nakakatakot.