epilogue

The chucking of vaseline bottle and combs made Abrar groan inwardly as he eyed his furious wife through the mirror, who huffed cutely and turned to leave the messy dressing table as it is, much to his annoyance.

She still chooses this way to annoy him, even after all these years. And it hits him every single time. Which only encourages her to continue messing things up whenever they fight.

"Hayat..." The way he calls her name, full of love and longing even after five years of marriage makes her heart swell in love every single time with that incredibly stupid husband of hers. She turned around to face him and eyed him angrily but her heart melted almost instantly as she looked into his expressive charcoal eyes.

No, don't go soft on him. Her heart screamed at her and she masked her emotions. But that over smart husband of hers understood her state and passed her a smug smile.

"Don't talk with me." Punching his chest with that tiny little fists of hers, she tried to walk past him but he caught hold of her hand and held her tightly in his embrace. After protesting in vain, she gave up and hugged him back.

"I'm sorry." Holding her close to him, he kissed her forehead longingly and murmured those words which she has been wanting to hear for a while.

"I'm not talking with you," Haya replied against his chest, making him smile.

"I said I'm sorry, Hayat..." she lifted her head up and stared at him with a pout and he leaned in to peck them, turning her cheeks crimson red even after all these years of marriage.

"How's my little one doing? Did your morning sickness stop finally?" She just woke up an hour ago and he wanted to know if her health was fine or not.

"I swear Abrar. This guy is just like you. He loves troubling his mother. I feel so sick and tired these days." He frowned slightly at that, "should we go to the doctor?" She shook her head in negative, "I think we can manage, Sarah auntie has suggested me some home remedy if the sickness got worse"

"I can't wait to hold him though." Haya was three months pregnant with their second child. It was an unplanned one. But they both were so ecstatic when they came to know about the news, unlucky for Abrar his wife has turned super dramatic and moody ever since.

Just when he thought that she has forgotten the reason for her mood off, her eyes fell on that culprit again and she sulked back at him.

"I spent days and nights sewing that kurta for you. How dare you be careless and get it stained? Not any stain but a tomato ketchup stain? Do you not care about my feelings anymore?" Abrar sighed, talk about drama. But he reminded himself that she is carrying his baby and this was just the hormones' doing. He needs to be patient with her and he was.

"I'm sorry, my begam sahiba. It was a mistake. I'll arrange for the best washerman and get it removed." Haya finally smiled at those words, "you better do it. I took so much efforts in making that kurta for you. Custom made."

Abrar smiled back at his adorable wife, "I love you, Hayat..." It was during their first year anniversary that Hayat has surprised him with that kurta. It was her dream to design something for the love of her life it seems and she took that special day to gift him that. He felt so emotional and kissed her deeply as a response. She made numerous other kurtas for him but that one was very dear to him.

It was his favourite outfit to wear and he'd worn it numerous times before and every single time Haya wouldn't stop gushing about how handsome and hot he looked in that kurta.

But this morning it became the opposite when a particular someone wanted to eat french fries and Abrar couldn't say no. He sighed whilst thinking about how drastically things have changed in his life. He loved this change so much though.