twelve

Abrar was such a kid. Enough said.

"I swear if you don't eat this. I'm going to... Ugh. You're such a kid!" Haya huffed as she placed the food tray on the bedside table. Abrar gave her a sheepish grin as he eyed her and then at the mutton soup.

Two days have passed since that incident and Abrar was still somewhat in pain. So, Haya was taking his utmost care. But he was behaving like such a kid for eating healthy food. Honestly, a kid was way better if you ask Haya.

"I don't like mutton soup," Abrar whined like a kid. Haya stared at him wide-eyed as though he said the most unforgivable thing, for a second, he was confused.

"How could you say such a thing? Don't you know mutton soup is the best thing ever? Ya Allah! why did you tie me up with such a boring man." Haya sighed dramatically; he opened his mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

"Look, just because I don't like mutton soup you cannot judge me, okay?" Abrar sounded offended as he glared at her.

Haya picked the bowl of soup in her hands and gave him the look, "exactly... You don't like mutton soup. YOU DON'T LIKE MUTTON SOUP. Who doesn't like mutton soup?"

"Uh, me?" Haya rolled her eyes at his lame reply as she brought a spoonful of soup near his mouth, he panicked for a moment but as soon as he saw her glare, his mouth automatically opened. It wasn't that bad.

Haya raised her eyebrows questioningly as she fed another spoon to him, "it isn't bad!" he replied. She took the bowl near her nose to smell the aroma and her eyes immediately shut in glee. Her lips curved into a small smile.

"It's healthy for your bones. And it's really tasty!" Haya insisted as she smelled it again and then fed him another spoon.

"It doesn't taste good." Abrar was still very adamant on his point.

"How can you not like this? I swear you're just like Sanam." Abrar noticed how that beautiful smile fell off her face as soon as she took her sister's name.

"Do you miss her?" Haya's eyes unknowingly tear up a little bit.

"I do." she didn't dare look at his eyes. Before he could ask the next question, she brings up the spoon again, unwillingly he drank it.

"Why don't you text her or something." Haya fought away her tears as she maintained a straight face.

"She doesn't reply." Haya has been missing her only sister for a while now. She expected Ahil to file a case on her or something because she has denied transferring half the share of money to Sanam. What happened to them after that was the question. She could call them but the fact was, no one answers. And that hurt.

"I- Abrar's words was cut in the middle as she shoved the spoon into his mouth again. He drank it with a frown but as soon as his eyes fell on her tears, which she couldn't control anymore. Abrar became uncomfortable. He did not know what to do. He couldn't stand someone in tears. Not because he has a phobia or something. But because his heart is really soft and seeing others cry makes him super sad.

"I'll go and wash the bowl." Abrar didn't notice when did he finish drinking the soup. He watched her leave the bedroom in hurry, as he sat there helplessly.

*Iflan Calling*

"I've heard that someone beat you up or something. Are you okay?" Ilfan, Abrar's best friend/cousin asked him with an amused voice.

"Walaikum Assalam to you too, Iflan." Abrar replied grumpily, honestly, he wasn't in the mood.

"Woah. What's with the voice?" Iflan was the only friend who puts up with the tantrums Abrar throws. Abrar sighed uninterestedly.