five

It's been ten years since Haya has heard someone calling her by her real name. It was a different scenario during the nikkah but hearing Abrar call her Hayat made her feel nostalgic, to say the least. Only her parents were allowed to call her that. No one else did. Not even Abrar.

She splashed the water on her face and stared at herself in the mirror. She wasn't going to cry over it. She's stronger than that. Stronger than everyone else.

The girl in the mirror stared back at her numbly. Haya took the face towel to dry her face as she continued staring at herself. Her dupatta falls off her shoulders making her frown.

"You know the rules." Haya mimicked Abrar's words as she knelt to pick it up.

"Don't mind him, Haya. He's a jerk. A big one." Haya mumbled to her reflection as she stared at herself again and wore the dupatta on her head. But it wasn't staying still and all of her dupattas are netted ones. It annoyed her to no extent. She needed new ones as soon as possible. But Haya highly doubted that this village can have anything good or qualitative.

"Now what do we do?" she whined at her reflection.

"Who are you talking with?" came the voice of Abrar, as he stood outside the bathroom door in bewilderment.

"Nobody." Haya startled as she opened the door and gave him a pointed look.

"What were you doing inside?" Abrar asked again. Haya ignored him casually as she walked to the dressing table to apply face moisturizer. Her dupatta fell off her shoulders again.

"Damn you." Haya scolded that cloth as she bends to pick it up.

"Don't irritate me, Haya. Answer me when I'm asking you something." Abrar pulled her wrists making her face him. She stared at him wide-eyed.

"I was talking with myself. Now go away. Stop pulling me like this." Haya removed his grip from her hands and goes back to apply the face moisturizer.

What a crazy woman! Abrar muttered under his breath as he watched her keenly. After applying her face cream, she then applied something on her lips and then changed her earrings. All the while her dupatta fell off her shoulders three times at least. She scolded that cloth every time it fell.

"What are you staring at?" Haya pointed her comb at him as she glared at him.

"Nothing... Are you going somewhere?" Abrar looked away in embarrassment.

"Yes, we're going to the nearby town to buy me some things." Haya combed her hair as she stared at him through the mirror. She might as well buy some dupatta, she was bored anyway.

Abrar nodded his head but as soon as he registered her words, his eyes went wide in shock.

"We? As in you and me?" Haya nodded her head with a sly smile as she gazed at him through the mirror.

"When did I agree to come?" Abrar asked in his usual annoying angry voice which didn't bother her one bit.

"You're my husband, right? Then go with me." Haya smirked mischievously as she turned back to look at him.

"Take someone else. I'm busy." Abrar frowned but the innocent looks on her face terrified him slightly.

"I travelled miles away from my hometown just to get married to you and you! You can't even spare some time with me. What an unlucky girl you're Haya." she fake cried making Abrar tense.

"We both know you're not crying. Stop with your drama." Haya gawked at him stupidly and composed herself whilst plastering an evil smile on her face.

"Good then. Take me out. I need to buy something." Haya enjoyed making him all riled up and angry.