four

Haya always wanted to run away from her home, she wouldn't call that place home but it is what it is. She dreamt about it for ages and now that she was finally away from her hometown, it felt weird but that was it. There's no missing anything or anyone except her two best friends; Natasha and Farhan, who she keeps texting now and then.

She was yet to say about her marriage to Farhan and just the thought of it was making her feel worried. She didn't know how'd Farhan take this news especially when he has feelings for her, a strong one at that.
Haya couldn't think of it anymore. That surely did scare her so much.

She has also dreamt of having a real home, where she'd be loved and cherished. Will she ever find that kind of place? She doubts it.

Living in the Shah Haveli was like living on an entirely different planet. There you have few rules which are mandatory to follow. Haya who grew up with no restrictions found it hard to follow but she was getting used to it.

The Haveli was unusually big for just seven people which included Bi jaan and her two sons; Ibrahim and Jubair. And their respective wives Sarah and Bano. And not to forget their children, Abrar and Meruza.

And Haya being the newest addition to the family, found it a little difficult to adjust. How do they all expect her to get accustomed to the people who she had no idea of who they were until a few weeks ago? It was nearly impossible but Haya was trying.

She was trying to be the good daughter in law of the house and Bano Chachi took it upon herself to taunt her for anything or everything. And Abrar too wasn't any good at making her feel home, he hardly ever spends his time with her. They rarely talk and when they do, it's only arguing with each other. Nothing more or nothing less.

"Haya... Are you even listening to me?" Meruza who was talking nonstop paused as she observed Haya getting lost in her thoughts.

"What happened?" Haya blinked her eyes blankly and Meruza glared at her. Over time, they both have grown pretty close and mainly Meruza was so happy to finally have a girl company in her home. Which was a great thing considering she was kind of living an alone life until Haya came.

"I was asking about Ahil," Meruza replied with a curiosity filled voice.

"What about him?" Haya did not understand how the topic has changed from Meruza's college to her crushes to now Aahil. That girl is a gossip queen. No kidding.

"If you two are done with the gossiping, come to the kitchen and start preparing the meal. The men will be home soon." Bano interrupted them both with her unpleasant voice. Haya rolled her eyes as she got up from her seat. Meruza too joined her with a chuckle and they both headed off to the kitchen for preparing the lunch.

This has become a routine for Haya now; preparing food thrice a day for Abrar, who had no manners to even say a word of how the food was. Not even a small thank you. Her husband was rude like that and she wasn't very fond of him.

She had no idea that all of this will change one day for the better. Patience is the virtue after all.

•••

Abrar had been busy, he has seen how his father and his chachu worked day and night for their party and he too followed their footsteps. There's no doubt that the next president of the village will be him, with or without any elections but he wanted to make himself worthy of the post and that kept him motivated to work harder every day.

He was so busy that, he could not even spare a minute with his bride, who was he kidding with? It was of course lies. The truth is he made himself busy just so that he could stay away from her.