twenty eight

Miracles do happen sometimes.

"You're serious?" Farhan, who came to visit Natasha was surprised to find Haya and Abrar in her apartment. They then explained the whole family drama to him, he nodded in understanding but what surprised him more was the news which Haya just shared.

"Yes, Sanam came here... to apologize and we hugged it out. We are cool now." Haya's face glowed like a bulb as she said those words. Having her sister back in her life felt so good than she has ever imagined.

"But what about all the things she has done and said?" Farhan frowned at his best friend, for being so forgiving. Natasha nodded in agreement. She too wasn't very happy when Haya forgave her sister so easily.

"She's my little sister, Farhan. I've already missed her for ten something years and I cannot miss her anymore. She's sorry and that's what matters." Haya scoffed, Abrar sensed her anger and squeezed her palms lightly. She eyed him for a second and he gave her a small nod. That was all it took for her to calm down.

"Sorry! If I said too much." Farhan smiled sheepishly, she nodded her head and gave him an assuring smile, "it's fine. Let's not talk about it anymore. What's between me and Sanam, let it be between us. Now tell me, what's that oh so important thing which you wanted to talk about?" Haya asked as she raised her eyebrows curiously at him.

"Well... there's something I've been wanting to talk with you. I'm so glad that you're here. Talking face to face is easier." Farhan passed them all a nervous smile, who looked at him curiously. Mainly Abrar was very interested in what he has to say.

"You know my father... He kicked me out of my company because I've started it with his money and he claim to disown me after I've helped you escape. Not that I'm complaining, I'm glad that he did that. But I have to do something for my bread and butter you see." he paused trying to see how everyone was reacting to this news.

Haya was the first one to break the silence, "I'm so sorry, Farhan. Because of me you had to bear all of this." she felt bad for him, she really did.

"Oh no, I'm in no way blaming you. You're my best friend and of course, I'd save you, anytime. I don't mind that he kicked me out. I was going to do that on my own anyway. The thing is, I was planning to start my own Fashion house and all. I need your support for that. I know you're as passionate as me in fashion designing if not more. I thought it'd be cool if we collaborate." Haya became speechless at this. She didn't know what to say. True fashion designing was her dream. Maybe more. But with her situation, will she be able to do it? Will Abrar agree?

"I- I don't know what to say," Haya replied honestly.

"There's no pressure. I just need you to be one of my partners, who'd provide financial support because I know you can afford this. I'm sorry if that sounded greedy. But I need money and you can invest your parents' money in this right? After all, it was their dream to see you as a designer too." Farhan wanted Haya to accept this. He cannot let her talent go to waste.

"You can work at home, you're a good designer Haya. You've helped me a lot during my Florida fashion show. Do the same thing now. Draw stuff at home and send them to me through a scanner or something. We have technologies and all. Please think about it?" he pleaded and Haya looked at him hesitantly. The offer was very tempting. But Abrar?

"Do it, Hayat. I know how much this means to you. Go for it." Abrar blinked his eyes with assurance, knowing very well what was stopping her, she looked at him wide-eyed. Did he really say that? Wow.

Natasha and Farhan gasped at the name, Hayat. They looked at their best friend with a did-you-really-let-him-call-that kind of expression. They knew how much that name meant to Haya and the fact that she let him call her spoke volumes.