nine

It was a rare sight to find Abrar Shah at home in the day times, he's home either in the evenings or in the nights. But that day happened to be a special day where Abrar actually decided to stay home and just relax. He did not even get out of his bed, trying to get some extra sleep peacefully when he heard the loud jingles of something weird.

"Stop making that noise..." he grumbled in his husky voice making Haya pause on her steps. A mischievous smirk appeared on her face as she eyed her sleeping husband.

'How about this noise Abrar Shah...' Haya began to jump like a little girl, standing close to him, trying to annoy him. The bells in her anklets jingle a lot louder than before, waking up Abrar with a groan. She finds it funny to see him all moody and annoyed. And even more fun, if she's the reason for that annoyance. They were getting along better. He was being less arrogant these days but she still leaves no chance to annoy him whenever she could.

Abrar pulled her wrists, making Haya fall on top of him with a squeal. Before she could think of an escape, his firm hands held her tighter and he rolled on top of her, leaving her underneath him. What he saw next was her serene face, which was staring back at him nervously. Damn... he went speechless.

He was beyond angry at her for disturbing his sleep but the moment he saw her face, he has lost it already.

She was so beautiful!

And he didn't dare look at those plum lips of hers.

Haya's silly joke has ended her up here, underneath him. But was she complaining? Probably not. Maybe a tiny bit.

His charcoal eyes stared into her hazel ones, which was staring back at him blankly having no clue of what the heck was going on. Abrar himself has no idea of why he pulled her like this. But with them both being so close to each other it felt weird. They could feel each other's breaths getting uneven. Haya was wondering if he could actually listen to her loud thumping of heart, which might jump out anytime soon with him laying on top of her like that.

His beautiful and expressing eyes though were looking at her with warmth. It wasn't cold like it used to be most of the time. She could stare at it all day, but not like this. She needed her sanity and staying so close to him like this will surely make her lose it. She admits that he's handsome and all, but she cannot be attracted to him. He was her husband and she had every right to be attracted to him. But attraction might lead to something else which she isn't prepared to handle. Not any time soon at least.

Abrar could really make her nervous. That was a first.

"When I said to stop making that noise, why wouldn't you stop?" Abrar finally asked her in his intimidating tone, as he raised his eyebrows, his hands blocked her from either way making sure that she wouldn't escape.

Haya passed him a nervous chuckle.

"It was a gift from bi jaan, my new anklets... I was playing with them you see." She said as if it was the most casual thing, which left him in amusement.

"I was trying to sleep." Abrar's morning voice was sounding so good, Haya wished to listen to him all day. Scolding at her subconscious self, Haya tried to push him away but he was stronger than her.

"I'm sorry, Abrar. I was just trying to annoy you. I will not repeat it, I promise. Let me go now." Haya passed him another nervous smile hoping that he'd let her go. But his eyes fell somewhere else making her curious as to what he was glaring at. Turns out it was her hair.

"Why is your hair all wet?" Abrar asked her in horror.

"I just came out of the bath." Haya smiled evilly knowing what really happened.

"You made my bed and pillow all wet, ugh." Abrar immediately left her as he got up from the bed, glaring at the bed in annoyance.

"Not my fault that you pulled me like that." Haya laughed at him sarcastically as she got down from the bed and picked the towel from the table beside her to dry her hair.

Abrar glared at his bed and then at her.

"Hayat Ali... you're so annoying!" Haya abruptly stopped laughing and began to throw daggers at him.

"Abrar... I'm telling you for the last time, stop calling me Hayat. It's just Haya for you. Only Haya." she snapped at him angrily and marched into the dressing room, slamming the door shut loudly.

Abrar was confused, angry and irritated. With a sigh, he ran his hands through his hair and decided to sleep on the sofa, the most uncomfortable place in his room.

When Haya came out of the dressing room after blow-drying her hair, she was surprised to find him lying on the sofa lazily. Don't he have work?... she wondered curiously and with a smirk, she walked around the room making sure that her anklets' jingles were heard by him.

"Haya... stop already. I'm trying to sleep here." Abrar whined like a kid.

"Well, I was just walking." Haya feigned innocence, by now Abrar has realized that he couldn't sleep anymore. With an inward groan, he snapped open his eyes and sat up.

"Bring me tea," Abrar ordered her arrogantly.

"What's the magic word?" Haya passed him a smug smile as she removed the bedspread and pillow covers.

"Stop testing my patience Haya. Just get me a cup of tea." Abrar closed his eyes slightly to control his irritation, he wasn't angry but just a bit irritated and that was because of her god damn anklets.

"You're a 25-year-old adult and have no manners whatsoever," Haya mumbled to herself with a huff as she began to walk out of the room, but stopped as she felt a tug at her hands.

"How many times do I have to tell you, when you leave the room; wear your dupatta properly. Now go." Abrar pulled her to sit beside him and placed her dupatta properly on her head, all the while her hazel eyes were glaring at him with annoyance.

Abrar chuckled softly as he watched Haya walk out of the room with a sulky face. His wife is a cute human being! Wait...did he just think she was cute? Shaking his head in disbelief, he face palmed himself. What was happening to him?

Just then her phone started to ring loudly, he ignored it for a while as it was not his phone but when it wouldn't stop ringing, he got up from there to pick it up.

When he was about to take it, the call goes off. He decided to ignore it but then the phone rings again, with a frown he looked at the caller ID and was stunned to see the picture along with the name which flashed in front of his eyes.

It showed; Farhan *heart* Calling.

Abrar clenched his fist in fury as he answered the call.

"HAYA! I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP. Send me those bridal collection designs again... The previous ones which you've sent have been deleted unknowingly and I'm in the board meeting. Please save me..." the guy named Farhan screamed into the phone for help.

Abrar had no idea of what relation his wife had with Farhan. But he was sure that this is the same Farhan Sheikh, whose father is the neighbouring town's minister and who is also their biggest rival.

"Haya... are you even listening to me? Hello?" Farhan yelled again, but this time Abrar hung up the call furiously.

Abrar's eyes were bloodshot red as he threw the phone on the bed. It didn't break luckily. He got angrier with each passing second. The past was still fresh in his mind. The fact that Imran Sheikh was still alive and breathing made him all the more furious.

And there's no way that he's letting his wife talk with that bastard's son again. But if only Haya listened to him...