twenty four

Money or Abrar?

What will she choose?

Haya closed her eyes shut to make herself stop crying, if it was at the start of their marriage, she would have chosen her money over anything else and be happy with it. But now, she couldn't. Things changed, especially since Abrar's birthday... Even before his birthday, he was warming up to her slowly, but after that day things took a drastic turn. He was more caring and affectionate towards her.

He made her feel protected and cared for. Sure, she had her friends and all. But friends are friends and family is family. No one could replace the love which your family can give. And Haya got so much love and attention only after marrying him. If she had a family today, who loved her and cared for her, then it was all because of him. And for that, she's grateful.

Abrar has been with her when she couldn't sleep at night, making sure that she was okay and not crying over her parents' death. He was genuinely worried about her whenever she was sad or upset and made sure that she smiles, always. He created such an important place in her heart in a very less span of time. And imagining a life without him made her feel horrible.

So, will she give away all of that money to save his life?

The answer was yes.

She'd rather have her husband alive than using her parents' money. It wasn't her earnings anyway. Whatever God does will be for the best, thinking so she opened her eyes momentarily and took the pen in her hands to sign the papers, but stopped as a voice interrupted them.

"No one is signing any papers."

"Farhan it'd be better if you stop interfering in this matter." Ahil snapped at him rudely.

"Oh, yeah. Try me." Farhan threw daggers at Ahil, as he went and untied his best friend.

Haya was not sure if she could handle any more shocks. Finding out that it was her cousin Ahil and Imran uncle who has kidnapped her, for their sick motive was shocking enough. But seeing Farhan come to her rescue was even more shocking.

"Your father won't be happy about this," Ahil muttered furiously as he watched him untie Haya, who was beaming at her friend with gratitude.

"I will have a chat with him, don't worry. You can go now." Farhan dismissed the other guard who was there with Haya the whole time, who stood there silently and watched the drama. He immediately left the place and went on to call his master to inform him about his son's doings.

But Farhan was never scared of his father. He never was and he will never be.

"Here, take this and leave. She won't sign them." yanking the papers from Haya, Farhan handed them over to Ahil, who grabbed them furiously and marched out of that dark room.

"Farhan... I don't know what to say right now." Haya trailed off, as she stood up from the chair. He brushed it off with a smile, his usual charming smile which she'd go crazy over until a few months ago. But now she didn't find anything about him charming anymore.

"You can start from the fact that my father is a sick bastard, who'd go to any extent to win a post." Farhan joked drily, making Haya half-smile. That's the thing about Farhan, he always made her smile in any type of situation.

Only then she realized why Farhan never really liked his father. He was such a sick man for real.

"I want to go to my husband... Is he okay? Will Aahil do something to him?" Haya asked him helplessly making Farhan look at her with amusement. He has never seen his friend so vulnerable before. She was a strong woman who never cries for others, their friends called her cold bitch, which she didn't mind being called.