twenty six

Six months later.

Haya snuggles more into her husband's arms as he shifted in his sleep. They both weren't great fans of cuddles but now things have changed, for good. She moaned in her sleep as Abrar bites her earlobes, whilst whispering, "Hayat... someone's at the door."

Long gone was her sleep as she got up frantically and looked at her handsome husband who grabbed her face for a quick kiss. He can never get enough of her, never. Shoving him away she grabbed the duvet upon her; covering herself quickly as the bang on their door increased. Abrar frowned at the sudden interruption. He hates it when someone gets in between their alone time.

"I'll see who it is, get changed." he pecked her lips again and got down to open the door but the tug at his wrist stopped him, turning around he found his adorable wife glaring at him.

"What?" he asked innocently knowing very well what she was going to say.

"Put your shirt on, I don't want that Maheen to drool over you if you go like this and honestly, I cannot afford to get my mood spoiled so early in the morning." Haya threw his shirt at his face which he caught with a laugh, she felt herself getting lost in his contagious laugh but the bang on their door disturbed them again.

Rolling her eyes, Haya walked into the dressing room, not before making sure that Abrar was properly dressed.

"I hate your cousin," she mumbled with irritation before banging the door shut, if anything Abrar found this whole scenario funny. He loved watching his wife get all possessive over him. At the same time, he made sure not to lead Maheen on. With a sigh, he went to open the door and as expected, his cousin was standing at his doorstep. Seeing him, Maheen plastered a wide smile on her face and forwarded a cup of tea to him. He stared at her in confusion.

"Your favourite tea. I thought you'd like it." Not wanting to be not rude, he took the cup from her and observed that she still hasn't disappeared.

"I'll see you downstairs. I'm kind of busy now." Maheen's face fell at that. She nodded her head with a half-smile and as soon as she turned her head, Abrar locks the door.

Apparently, the summer holidays have begun for both Meruza and Maheen, they go to the same college which Haya came to know just a few days ago. And Maheen thought it'd be fun to come and stay over at her Phopho's house.

But definitely, it wasn't very fun for Haya to have that annoying girl over for more than five days. She was getting on Haya's nerves. Maheen's always behind Abrar, more like obsessed with him and tries hard to get his attention; who paid zero attention to anything, much to Maheen's dismay.

After taking a quick shower, Haya comes out to find Abrar already sipping his tea which makes her frown.

"Who got you this?" placing her hands around her hips she asked him, he turned his head to her with a smile and said, "Mahi... she added ginger in it. I might have mentioned to her that it's my favourite type of tea." his voice was filled with playfulness.

"Give that to me..." the first thing she did was to snatch the cup from his hands.

Abrar was so expecting this, "what is wrong with that?" he asked feigning innocence.

"You didn't brush your teeth. And your mouth is full of germs. So, brush first." Haya told him sternly, he shrugged with a knowing smile and got up to go to the bathroom.

"Ouch. I'm sorry. It was very hot." Haya slipped the glass off her hands and pretended to be innocent as she bent to pick the glasses. Abrar stared at her with wide eyes. Did she just do that?

"Go and brush your teeth. I'll make your favourite tea and come back in a few minutes." Haya fake smiled at him and marched out of the room, scoffing angrily. Abrar shook his head in disbelief. She can be a handful sometimes. But this was too much, maybe? A laugh left his mouth as she replayed the scene again.