seven

Abrar hasn't slept peacefully for weeks now. The sofa in his room was the most uncomfortable thing he has ever seen. He sat up with a groan and his eyes automatically gazed at his bed.

Haya was sleeping peacefully, covered under the blankets with only her head hanging out. Like the usual, she has left the right side free for him to sleep but it was him, who never considered it. But today he might as well keep his attitude aside and sleep on the bed because his back really ached.

With a sigh, Abrar walked to the bed and hopped on the free space and laid beside her. He can easily smell her lavender fragrance, now that he was so close to her. This was the reason why he did not want to sleep with her. Haya defined the word beauty and he cannot risk getting tempted by her. He didn't feel anything towards her and he liked to keep it that way.

But the bed was so much more comfortable than the stupid sofa, so he can adjust for a while. His eyes automatically closed as soon as he pulled the blanket on him. Just when he thought that he can now sleep peacefully, the power went off. And there was a sudden change in the climate, he can hear the loud noises of the thunderstorm and the lightning from outside.

Abrar's eyes snapped open as he heard Haya talked in her sleep, "Ammi... Baba... Don't go... Please come back..."

"Haya... Wake up. It's just a bad dream. Don't cry." Abrar will be the last person you'd want to talk with when you're sad. He's worst at consoling someone. But now he did not understand what should he do to make her feel okay, but the sight of her tears was doing something to his heart. Something he never thought would be possible.

"Haya... You're fine. Don't cry..." Abrar moved a little closer to her and wiped away her tears. But she kept on crying continually, with her eyes still closed.

He was concerned about her and that shocked him.

"Ammi... Baba... Please don't go." Haya mumbled weakly. Abrar did not know what came over him, but he pulled her into his arms, hugging her tightly; trying to assure her that she's really fine. She still did not stop her babbling. Her tears were now running nonstop.

Abrar couldn't stand the sight of anyone crying. And her tears were really doing something to him. Why was he feeling like that? He had no idea. But one thing was sure; seeing Haya cry is not his favourite sight.

"Hayat. Stop crying. It's just a bad dream. Wake up now." Abrar mumbled as he ran his hands through her chocolate brown hair, to comfort her. But damn, her hair... It was so smooth and silky.

Haya immediately stopped her babbling as soon as she heard the name Hayat. Abrar's eyes widened slightly as he continued to run his hand through her hair. Her tears stopped slowly as she opened her eyes.

"Are you okay?" was the first thing he asked, his arms were still wrapped around her, hugging her securely.

"Is it raining?" Haya asked in an inaudible weak voice. Abrar just nodded his head. And to his utmost shock and surprise, Haya hugged him back, her head was now placed in the crook of his neck. He could feel her breath fanning over his skin. Damn.

"Thank you for being there," Haya mumbled in an incoherent voice as she broke the hug. Abrar instantly missed the touch of her soft skin. His hands were still wrapped around her though.

What is wrong with you? His mind taunted him.

"Never mind. Are you really okay?" Abrar was never worried about someone who's not a part of his family. And the thought of him caring for her so much has freaked him from within.

Yes, she was his wife. But he was yet to come to terms with it. He was yet to accept her as his own family. But he will. For sure.

"I'm fine," Haya muttered weakly.