fifteen

Abrar was taking a nap out of boredom when Haya came into their room, she has been out all day trying to avoid her stupid husband at any cost by spending time with bi jaan and her mother in law. Luckily for her, they did not pry for anything, even if they knew that something was wrong. She was glad about that.

But Haya was still mad at the fact that he wasted her cake like that.

A bizarre idea struck her mind as she saw him sleep peacefully. With a mischievous smirk, she started walking around the room, near his side of the bed to be precise, and made sure that her loud jingles of the anklets were heard by him.

"Lalalala..." Haya hummed to herself; some random tune as she waved her hands in the air, imagining herself as a mermaid whilst continuing to walk loudly. Abrar woke up at once with a jerk but was left speechless as he saw the craziness in front of him.

"What in the world?' he rubbed his eyes twice. But Haya was still here continuing to wave her hands, doing whatever she was doing. She was so lost in her world that she did not even notice him waking up.

"What happened to you?" Abrar finally asked, now that he was sure that he's not imagining things.

Haya stopped at once, with a stunned face. She just had to embarrass herself. Unable to meet his curious gaze, she bit her lips thinking of ways to escape this crazy situation. Keeping a straight face, she whispers, "did you hear anyone? No, I didn't." Without another word, she sprinted out of there leaving behind a very puzzled Abrar.

'What just happened?' Abrar asked himself as he watched her leave the room. He was upset throughout the day. It happens every year, but this year he was upset over something entirely different thing.

He did regret wasting her cake like that and was willing to do anything to make her accept his apology. But the problem was, she's not willing to listen; whenever he approached her, she just runs. He gave up at last and decided to just take a small nap to clear his stupid mind and then thought to kidnap her or something if she's still unwilling to talk.

He has been sleeping for an hour now. It was still 2:10, so he had some time after all. With a sigh, he walked downstairs. And was surprised when he saw Iflan, his cousin, in the living room, gossiping with all the ladies in the Haveli.

"Look, Abrar is here too. Let's ask him if he wants to join us?" Iflan asked as he wriggled his eyebrows. Abrar stared back at him half curious and half confused.

"Iflan, he's not allowed to go outside forget it." Bi jaan told sternly. Iflan chuckled at that and continued, "okay then ladies. What are we waiting for? Get in the car. We should leave soon."

"Yes. Yes. I have a lot to buy. Let's go." Meruza chirped excitedly as she got up from the sofa. Abrar stared at them all in confusion as everyone else stood up too.

"One second... Where are you all going?" Abrar stopped them all, Iflan gave him a grin as he replied, "I am taking them all to shop, do you have any problem?"

"But why?"

"Should we have a reason to shop or what?" Meruza butted in as she gave a pointed look to Abrar. Still mad at him for what he did to Haya.

"I- What about me? I'll be alone here." The ladies couldn't help but laugh at that, except for Bano of course.

"I feel sorry though. But I promised to my sweetheart that I'll buy her something." Iflan side hugged bi jaan, making her smile with a wave of her hands.

"You guys can leave. But Haya is staying." Abrar said and everyone stopped laughing, as they stared at him surprised-ly, including Haya herself.

Truth to be told, Haya had no wish of going anywhere at all. It was because of Meruza that she has even agreed to go. But now that Abrar didn't want her to go, she definitely was going.