nineteen

Faults are a part of human beings; everyone makes them and Haya was no exemption. There will be moments where you'd be committing mistakes knowingly or unknowingly and it is what humans are. You cannot be a perfect human all the time. 

Haya eyed herself in the mirror as she splashed the water on her face, her eyes were puffy and red with all the crying she did. It was maghrib already, and she didn't even realize how the time has passed, "why did you do have to break his promise, Haya?" she asked to her reflection with a frown as she wiped her face.

"He's so mad at me!" Haya grumbled to herself as she started doing ablution and spent the next hour in the prayer mat, crying to her almighty, asking for His forgiveness for she has upset her husband and broke his trust. She continued reading Quran until Isha and only after finishing the final prayer of the day her heartfelt at peace.

Abrar stood outside his bedroom door, sceptically as he held the doorknob. He spent the whole day outside, not wanting to face her. He was furious, to say the least. But how much longer can he avoid her anyway?

Before he could open the door, Haya opened it from the other side and glanced at him blankly, he stared back at her. His deep charcoal eyes stared at her serene-looking face which had traces of tears, with pain. It pained him to see her like this. But he controlled himself from not engulfing her into his embrace. It was so hard to stay mad at her.

There was a moment of silence before he walked in and she walked out. Both of them turned back at the same time and gazed at each other's face for a second and immediately turned away.

That was awkward...After taking a deep breath, Haya walked downstairs and found everyone doing their usual works.

Not knowing what to do, she goes into the kitchen.

"Haya beta, why didn't you come down for dinner?" Sarah asked her worryingly. Haya gave her a half-smile as she said, "nothing auntie, I was busy praying."

"Are you alright?" Sarah asked again as she found something weird in her voice, her face didn't have its usual glow.

"I'm fine."

"Okay beta... do one thing, take this plate to your room, Abrar hasn't eaten his dinner yet. You guys eat together. I'll go sleep now." Sarah kissed Haya's forehead as she pointed at the food tray and left the kitchen before even Haya could react anything.

She stared at the food tray worryingly, thinking; will he eat if she takes this to him?

The housemaid was washing her hands causally when an idea struck in her mind.

"Suniye..." the housemaid turned to Haya quizzically as she wondered what work she had ahead.

(listen)

"Take this to your Chote Nawab's room. I have to prepare tea now." Haya came up with the best possible excuse and the maid immediately obliged as she took the tray and walked upstairs. Haya sighed and went to make the tea in real. She wanted to distract herself and do something before facing Abrar. Not even a minute passed when a loud thud was heard from their room making Haya gasp.

What now? She mumbled to herself.

She strode to their room in a hurry and on her way, she saw the maid, who was trembling in fear, standing out of her bedroom door. The maid stopped trembling when she saw Haya and said, "begham Sahiba, Chote Nawab seems to be very angry. He threw away the tray and everything is a mess. I am so scared of him, will you please clean it up for me?" the maid requested her in fear. Haya nodded her head in assurance and walked to their room, worryingly.