two

The next day arrived soon, hens began to make weird noises from the backyard. And birds chirped happily. A scenario that is tough to witness in populated cities these days. Sun was to rise in a few minutes.

Haya lazily woke up to the sight of her husband Abrar Shah offering his morning prayer with so much dedication, which was rather very surprising. For a second she was confused about her surroundings and the happenings of the last few days flashed in front of her eyes, reminding her of how her life has been changed drastically.

She continued to gaze at her husband. The word felt so alien to her. Abrar looked like a completely different person while praying compared to how rude he was yesterday. It was as though he was double-faced.

Ignoring him, Haya then looked at the wall clock and sighed softly as she still got time for offering her prayer as well. She made her way to the bathroom and did her ablution, when she came back Abrar was nowhere to be seen. Not like she cared. But his prayer mat was still there on the sofa beside, so she decided to steal it for some time and laid it in the same place where he prayed some time ago.

Haya Ali's life has always been unpredictable. She knows what loss really means, for she lost both her parents in a car crash when she was just eleven years old. She knows how selfish the world can be, for she has an uncle and aunt, who took her in only because her parents were filthy rich and all their money was in her name. She knows what it feels to be like an unwanted person, for she was that very unwanted girl for over a decade now.

But that never stopped Haya from smiling or being kind to others. She bounced back stronger every single time.

As she finished offering her salah, Haya opened her hands for making dua. She prayed for the strength and support of her lord, for she's about to venture on a new journey as a wife and daughter in law, from today on. How much ever forced this marriage was, she truly valued it. She valued the whole concept of nikkah and believed in its power.

At the same moment, Abrar walked back into his room and was dumbstruck for a while.
He even forgot for what purpose he came back to the room. His eyes were still not able to erase the sight of how peaceful and calm she looked while she prayed with her eyes closed and hands raised up making duas. Damn, she was beautiful.

Haya gave him a funny look, as she folded the prayer mat and placed it in its previous place.

"You want something from me?" She finally asked him, as she observed him gazing at her for longer than a minute.

Abrar who was taken aback was thinking of the excuses he could give, but as soon as he realized the state of condition his bedroom was in, he came back to his angry self, "you did not clear this mess."

"Oh, I was exhausted yesterday. I'll do it now." Haya surprisingly was in a cool mood now. Morning prayers did that magic.

"Do it now. I hate my room like this." Abrar stated as he opened his dresser and took out a cool shade. Her eyes lingered on his shades and then she frowned.

"Stop bossing me around. I'm not your servant but your wife. You ought to respect me." Haya snapped at him as she began to pick the gift wrappers. There were so many.

"I'm cleaning this only because I've caused the mess. Not because you're telling me to." Haya mumbled a little frustratingly as she put on the spreadsheet neatly back on the bed.

"Yeah, whatever. Clean it fast." Abrar answered back distractedly as he wore his shades and was about to leave but stopped when something else struck his mind.

"And don't get out of this room looking like that. Come down only when you're dressed nicely as a girl." Abrar glanced at her pyjamas and loose T-shirt disgustingly as he muttered those words.