twenty five

"It's midnight... Where the hell are you?" was the first thing Abrar heard as he answered his wife's call, only then he realized what time it was. Cursing himself he opened his mouth to talk but stopped midway as he heard her say, "come home in half an hour or I'm kicking you out of the room today."

Abrar stared at his phone in disbelief as she hung up the call. He didn't even get the chance to talk about anything. She must be really mad then. Without further thought, he got up from his seat and walked out of there. Few of his party members stayed behind and slept in the party office itself, which he didn't mind. It was an everyday thing these days. But today he was too caught up with work to realize the passing time. The elections are five days away and everyone is excited. Including himself. It was his first time participating after all.

After that Imran Sheikh incident, which happened a week ago; the security in his haveli has increased rapidly and his office too was tightly guarded. He had to carry a pistol everywhere he goes. The worse thing is; a guy is always sticking around him with a gun to protect him. He can understand that his father is worried about him. But it's getting too much at some point.

"Let's go," he announced to his security with annoyance, who nodded his head and sat in the driver seat.

Once they were on the way, Abrar tried calling Haya again but she didn't pick it up like expected.

Angry Haya is not someone you'd like to mess with.

"Chote nawab! We're here." the security's voice broke his trance, with an inward sigh Abrar got down from his car and walked into his house, leaving the guy to park his car.

The house was empty as expected and he took slow steps towards upstairs when he stood at his room's doorstep; his heart skipped a beat.

He never knew that the red colour suited his wife very much. Good thing he realized. And now he couldn't take his eyes off her. Haya looked at him through the mirror as she brushed her chocolate brown hair, heat raised to her cheeks as she felt his intense gaze upon her for more than thirty seconds.

He stood at the entrance, frozen, checking her out openly. Clad in a red and golden coloured Kurti, she looked adorable with a slightly annoyed face. She stopped brushing when he took slow steps towards her. He shut the door close and her breathings were suddenly uneven.

Haya closed her eyes for a moment as she felt him standing behind her, gazing at her through the mirror whilst playing with her hair, moving them aside to one corner and then bit his lips subtly, making her shudder.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked huskily while back hugging her, as he placed his chin on her bare shoulder, making Haya shiver in the process while his cold hand held her from behind. His hot breath which fanned over her nape didn't help her either.

It was too much for her to take in. But she was not complaining at all...

It amuses him every time, how nervous she gets under his touch. He loves how responsive she is to his every touch and it makes him crave for more. So much more that it drives him insane.

"Did you see what time it is?" she managed to ask while he placed an open mouth kiss on her neck and didn't stop at just one...he couldn't control himself anymore, standing so close to her like this made him do things and he was enjoying every bit of it, her cheeks turned as red as a tomato making her go weak on her knees. She held the dressing table for support; in the fear of not falling or something. Damn, he was such a good kisser.

"You know the elections are around the corner it's crazy out there. Rallies, speeches and all," he answered her whilst gazing at her through the mirror. His hot breath was fanning over her neck, making Haya shiver under his presence. She felt too petite in front of his tall figure. And it was hard to concentrate on what he was talking about with such closeness.

"I was waiting for you." she huffed annoyedly, making him smile, "I know and I'm sorry for coming back so late. I promise once this election is over. We will go somewhere. Just us." He smiled at her fondly.

Haya's eyes lits up excitedly at just the thought of that, he broke the back hug and made her face him, subtly lifting her and seated her on the dressing table making all her cosmetics fall. She squealed at his sudden actions.

"Red looks good on you." he complimented her, making her blush. Long forgotten was her anger.

They now faced each other, his charcoal eyes against her hazel ones. Suddenly, everything around them was silent. Except for their hearts which was beating so swiftly that they wondered if the other person could hear it as well. His gaze slowly fell on her plump lips, which she bit in nervousness. He controlled everything in him to not eat those up.

Haya shuddered as he leaned in slowly, their breaths now mixed. Closing her eyes, she waited for him to kiss her lips but he ended up kissing her cheeks instead. She opened her eyes in sudden disappointment. Abrar laughed at her reaction, a loud carefree laugh which made her feel annoyed but at the same time, she loved hearing him laugh.

It's good to hear him laugh once in a while. He was known for his seriousness, coldness and intimidating behaviour but with her, he's always different. She brings out the different side of him which no one has ever seen.

"What?" he asked her teasingly, she glared at him in return. Her glare disappears as he leans in again, she thought he'd kiss her now but he kissed her just below her lips making her groan inwardly.

Why was he such a tease?

"What?" he tried hard not to laugh as he asked her innocently. He was equally tempted to kiss her but teasing her was fun.

He leaned in again, but she poked his chest; pushing him away, "if you're not going to do it... then stay away."

A mischievous smirk plastered on his lips as he asked, "do what?" Haya bit her lips in shyness. She wished the table to swallow her alive. Long gone was his self-control, watching her bite her lips is way more tempting than he thought it'd be possible, he grabbed her face and smashed his lips against hers. And they were kissing each other hungrily as their life depended on it.

Her hands roamed around his hair, messing with them whilst kissing him wildly. He held her as tight and close as he could and continued to kiss her. She opened her mouth to deepen the kiss, which he took to his advantage and now their tongues battled for dominance.

They kissed each other from every fibre of their body and broke apart, panting heavily. Their breaths; loud and uneven. He now looked into her hazel eyes with burning desire. Haya's breath hitched with the way he was looking at her like she was his whole universe.

He leaned in again and kissed her forehead lovingly, she closed her eyes in contentment. And in no time, he was peppering kisses all over her face; leaving no space which was left un-kissed. He moved down to her neck, she tilted her neck to give him more access and good god he took her breath away. She clenched onto his shirt tightly as he kissed her neck and bit on the same spot.

"Stop me before I lose my remaining self-control, Hayat," he whispered huskily against her neck, as he sucked the same spot making her feel so damn crazy and insane from within. She could swear that her name sounds so sexy whenever he says that.

What are doing to me, Abrar Shah?

"Stop me..." He whispered against her lips as he pecked them softly. His expressive charcoal eyes screamed; please don't.

Did she want him to stop?

"Don't" she whispered meekly against his lips and heard him groan as he kissed her again. This time more wildly, if that was possible. She responded equally hungrily.

"You asked for it," Abrar whispered dangerously as he lifted her in his arms, she wrapped her arms around his neck and placed small kisses near his stubble which made his insides burn with more desires.

"The things you do to me, Hayat Shah..." he whispered huskily as he placed her on the bed.

At that instant, Haya knew that it was going to be a long night. And indeed, it was.... as they became one in every way possible.