eighteen

Haya did not realize how quickly a week has passed. She has been disturbed the whole time, thinking of ways to tell Farhan about her sudden marriage. It has been the hardest week of her whole life nevertheless. He was already back from Florida yesterday making things worse.

I visited your home yesterday and you weren't there. Sanam said that you're still living in that village. What is wrong with you? Why didn't you tell me anything? I'm coming there tomorrow. Pack your bags and be ready. I'm so mad at you, Haya!

His text from yesterday still made her panic. Haya wondered how much did Sanam say to him. She didn't even dare to reply to him back. She couldn't simply tell him over text that she's married to someone, that would be downright rude and unfair. Farhan deserved to know everything, face to face. That would be for the best. But how was the question? How is she going to walk past Abrar's tight security in their haveli and meet their enemy's son?

"Your water." Haya absent minded-ly gave Abrar a glass of water instead of his regular tea and he gave her an amused smile in return.

"Sit here." he pulled her wrists and made her sit beside him, she was confused as to what happened and then he handed her the glass back to her, she stared at him weirdly and only then realized what blunder did she cause.

"I'm sorry. I'll get your tea in a minute." Haya was about to get up, but he pulled her hands and made her sit again, "drink this." Abrar eyed the glass of water which she held and then at her hazel eyes, which looked tensed and worried.

She gulped the glass in a go and gave him a sheepish smile, "I'm sorry. My mind was off somewhere."

"Exactly!" Abrar stared at her face curiously, "your mind is constantly thinking something. Is everything alright, Haya? Are you okay?" he placed his palms on hers assuring her that he was there with her. She smiled back at him shrugging it off but he very well knows how forced that was.

"I'm okay. I guess it's my headache."

"You can share with me you know... If something is bothering you." he tried again but she stayed quiet and said nothing. He wondered when she'd tell him the truth, he hoped that it'd be soon. Abrar has mistakenly seen the message from Farhan and observed how Haya was not the same anymore. He hoped that she'd tell him the truth ultimately and not meet that guy behind his back.

Haya was in for a big dilemma.

How can she tell him that she wants to meet that person with whom he wanted her to stay away? Abrar even took a promise from her to stay away from him for goodness sake. But she has to break it to meet Farhan today... at any cost. Haya was helpless. How much ever wrong it was, she has to give the explanation to Farhan which he duly deserved.

"Nothing is bothering me. I'm fine." she forced a smile again.

Abrar sighed, "if you changed your mind and decided to tell me, I'm always here to listen." with that being said, he got up from the sofa and gave her one last glance. She didn't even stop him from leaving the room without drinking his usual tea. Haya was too occupied with the other thoughts to think about his tea.

Soon it was noon. Haya did not get out of her room the whole day, as she sat in and stressed herself.

Farhan *heart* Calling, caught her eyes as her phone vibrated on the bedside table. Haya's body tensed at that sight as she goes to pick it up.

She has to edit out that stupid heart. With a frown, she swiped up to answers his call.

"Hello?" Haya's voice didn't have that usual excitement she'd have whenever Farhan called and that made him confused for a split second.