twenty seven

Abrar never knew that not answering his phone call would cost him this much. But it did.
"YOU DID WHAT?" he was seething in fury trying not to hit that stupid woman who has accused his wife of something so cheap and disgusting.

"HOW DARE YOU?" unable to control his emotion, Abrar goes to strangle her neck in frustration and all the family members gasped at that scene and came in to pull him away from Bano, but he was stronger than them. Bano was never so scared in her whole life, but today she was.

"You're going to kill her." it was his mother, Sarah. Who was pleading for him to stop.

"I wish I would," Abrar growled coldly, his expressive eyes burning with rage and fury.

"What were you all doing? Watching this lady insult my wife? You all are equally mistaken as her." Abrar yelled in anger as he let go of Bano's neck and turned to face his family, who hung their head in shame and embarrassment.

"And you all let go of my wife? Alone? You don't know how dangerous it is for her... God..." running his hand through his hair, he let out a frustrated groan.

"Abrar... I tried to stop her okay, I did. But she was so adamant to leave. She's a stubborn lady." Meruza muttered helplessly. Abrar gave a sarcastic laugh.

"What else do you expect from her, after all the humiliation would you still be on the same roof as her if you were in her shoes." he snapped angrily as he eyed Bano with a nasty glare.

"It was your wife who gave that idea to us, I mean look at these pictures." the fact that Bano was still sticking to her point made Abrar feel so disgusted and angrier.

"Who gave this to you?" was the first thing he asked and Maheen gasped inwardly, she was praying hard that he wouldn't come to that point but Abrar was smarter than she thought. Bano's eyes directly trail towards her and Abrar closed his eyes to compose himself.

"I'm giving you two seconds to get out of here and never show us your face ever again. The time's ticking," he warned in his dangerous intimidating voice and Maheen need not be told twice, she ran away as fast as she could and never turned back.

"Listen Bano Chachi... and to everyone who had a problem with these goddamn pictures. What Haya did before marriage is none of your fucking business. How she is after marriage is what matters and she is a great wife so far. And I give you all no rights to butt in my married life. So, stay the fuck away." Abrar muttered angrily as he tore the pictures into pieces, which Maheen has taken efforts into print as soon as she could.

"Bi jaan, I'm going to bring my wife back. But I'm not sure if we will live in this house anymore." Abrar mumbled angrily, the old lady shook her head.

"First get her back, Abrar. We will discuss everything later."

***

Haya switched off her phone in anger as she called her best friend and informed her about the sudden arrival,  her friend was more than happy to pick her up. After texting her friend, the bus's departure details, she closed her eyes for a short nap. She needed a rest, so badly. Everything that has happened some time ago has taken such a toll on her and on top of everything Abrar was not picking his stupid phone. Which made her angrier if anything.

At that moment all she needed was to have him by her side and comfort her but he wasn't there. He must have been busy but that didn't let Haya cool down. She voluntarily switches off the phone, just to make him angry and helpless, like how she felt when he didn't answer her calls. It was a sick move, but her little sadistic heart was pushing her to do it and so she did it.

He must have realized things by now but too bad she's already halfway through her journey.

When she opened her eyes, the busy hustle and bustle of the city life welcomed her with a shock. It took a moment for her to grasp everything and when she did, everything made sense. With a frown, she picked her phone switched it on again and as expected there were many missed calls from Abrar and Meruza. She felt like calling him back but stopped as another call came in and a small smile etched on her lips as she answered it.