Volume 1 Chapter 2: The Prince's Past

Why am I endlessly burning?

Every time, I always manage to have some burning feeling in me.

Is this regret? That will always cling to me?

I don't know.

I don't think I will ever know.

Is this hell that awaits me?

Or the regrets of my failures to be a true leader.

If I had realized back then when I would be betrayed.

Everything would be different.

But I am too trusting towards strangers.

And this is what lead to the downfall of myself, the people, and my kingdom.

I am sorry.

-Prince Y/N, 1348. (Excerpt from, Prince's Journal.)

Chaldea

The two swords clashed, causing a massive shockwave to the area. Everyone was surprised, Gudako had already summoned a new servant, and now it attacks without a command?!

Y/N: "You took everything away from me! I won't let you do it again!"

Artoria: "I...I don't even know who you are!"

Angered, the flames on Y/N's armor seemed to blaze out more as he kicked the knight, who stumbled back and stabbed her sword into the ground to gain traction.

Y/N raised his sword in the air, letting the flames erupt out continuously.

Y/N: "I should've finished you off when I had the chance!"

At the perfect time, Mordred and Jeanne D'Arc allied with Artoria, since most of the servants were unalerted of the threat.

Drawing out their weapons, it was a clear 3v1, and all Y/N did was chuckle.

Y/N: "Haha! Archduke! I thought you were a man of pride? You need others to take me on, huh?"

Artoria: "Archduke? I'm not an archduke at all!"

Y/N: "Lies. Archduke, I've been wanting this for so long! Your betrayal against me was the coldest thing I've received in my life! Your death is inevitable."

Holding out his sword, he was about to strike before his body dropped to the ground instantly. He dropped his sword, and slowly fell forward, the person behind him...

Was Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh: "Anyone wants to explain this?"

Gudako: "Heh...long story short..."

TimeSkip

After the attempt of Prince Y/N wanting to defeat, or more like, kill Artoria, he has been resting in his room after being knocked unconscious

Meanwhile, Gudako sought to find the answers in her head. Who was this knight? Why is he constantly burning? And why did he attack on sight without a command?