Volume 1 Chapter 5: The Alter D'Arc

I was born from regrets.

I should've never helped, I should've taken the chance.

No one will treat me like this ever again.

I was born the exact moment I was betrayed, and I seek revenge daily.

Archduke will not best me again, nor that he will ever.

The original Prince Y/N is too stuck up with being right or being the bigger man.

He takes his father's words as a life lesson.

But for me? No...

I MUST get my revenge. This is the reason I was created, I was born.

I'm what Prince Y/N couldn't be.

I am the ALTER Prince Y/N.

-- Prince Y/N Alter, ???. (Excerpt from, ???.)

Y/N: "Y-Y/N. Pri-Prince Y/N. It's me..."

As the questionable Jeanee began to press harder on her chokehold, she remembered from her counterpart that this was Y/N, the reason why he sought after her was unknown.

As Y/N began to gasp for more air, and with the fact that there aren't any servants around, she could end him right now.

Feeling him tap onto her arm and wanting to call it quits, she succeeded and let Y/N go.

He backed up off and was panting for air, his Endurance was ranked at C, so in terms of anything, his body is very fragile.

Y/N: "Phew...that's not how I managed a welcome back."

Jeanne: "A welcome back? No one wants to give you a welcome back. The only thing you provide is almost a meltdown of the training room."

She began to walk away, leaving Y/N shocked and devastated. This just proved that word does spread like wildfire.

Y/N: "I-it was an accident!"

Catching up, the two both walk side by side, and the Prince concluded that this was NOT the same Jeanne from before. Her appearance was different, and her voice was a bit dark and sadistic.

Jeanee: "Accident or not, you have proven that a servant like you should be kept on a leash. How could you use your Noble Phantasm without your master?"

Y/N: "Uh...I think I have Battle Continuation at A, wait, no that's not it..."

She sighs and takes a sharp turn to the left as Y/N followed. This is the main hallway, and many different paths branch out from here.

Jeanee: "Regardless, your Parameters must have been at a high level too..."

Y/N: "Yeah, so Jeanee...what's with the new hair color? Last time I remember it was blonde, but this tone of grey is nice too-"

Jeanne quickly turned around, making both of them stop, and looked at Y/N's creative (E/C) eyes.

Jeanne: "DON'T confuse me with THAT Jeanee. If you haven't realized, I am Jeanee Alter. Jalter is what they call me."

Y/N: "Jalter...? Is that a nickname Jeanee?"

Jalter narrows her eyes, and this cues Y/N to nervously smile as she continues to walk.

Y/N: "Oh...so you are the alter, huh? Why were you born?"

Jalter: "Huh?"

Y/N: "Unlike heroic spirits like us who are very, very original and come from our legend. Alters are born when we have sometimes a deep or dark hatred for something that has happened in our said legends."