Volume 1 Chapter 15: France - The Evil Reign of a Corrupt King Part 7

I have to fight...that thing?!

-Undead Chosen (Fighting Artorias the Abysswalker for the first time.)

Y/N and Y/N Alter clashed swords before striking again. Their battle remains a tie, with no one gaining an advantage over the other.

Even being the same person, the two Y/N's has different ways of thinking. Y/N had the idea of subduing his enemy, but Y/N Alter wouldn't hesitate to kill his enemy any chance he had to.

Landing a good strike, Y/N stumbled back as Y/N Alter laughed in such an annoying way. Panting, it was hard keeping up with someone...who's literally you, but just evil.

Y/N Alter: "C'mon...keep up! I'm not even trying!"

Hearing that, it motivated Y/N to defeat his counterpart. But brute strength wouldn't help in a case like this.

He needed to outsmart him.

Somehow, he needed to.

Closing the distance between the two, Y/N slashed multiple times, as all the attacks were quickly seen through and blocked.

Unexpectedly, his sword changed into a pike, and stabbed Y/N Alter right through the chest.

The Alter gasped, as Y/N drew back his pike and got into a stance. This wasn't the end.

He has Battle Continuation for crying out loud, one attack like that wouldn't defeat him.

Y/N Alter must've felt angered by that attack because he wasted no time to get back right on Y/N.

The Alter quickly slashed multiple times, all of them to which Y/N dodged, and the TRUE Soul of Cinder stabbed Y/N Alter with the same pike again.

Continually stabbing him in short bursts, one final thrust stabbed him through his body once again and Y/N ignited an explosion of fire.

Like multiple grenades going off, it erupted in a loud roar, and destroyed the battlefield even further.

Y/N retrieved his pike as he backed off and looked into the flame. His eyes widened when he saw a being walking out of the flame.

Y/N Alter: "O-ow...nice moves. But uh...since you are like...sorta resistant to fire...that makes me resistant to fire to...you know..."

Y/N: "Wh-what...?!"

Y/N Alter: "Common sense if you think about it. Now none of your magic attacks will work."

A dark, purple, and malicious aura seemed to wrap around Y/N Alter's sword, before being turned into a short blade.

Y/N: "How...how did you do that?"

Y/N Alter: "What...? You have like multiple weapons it's only fair if I can at least switch between two."

Without saying anything else, the two Y/N's went at it again. Changing from a pike to a scimitar this time, Y/N landed a nice slash onto the body.

But Y/N Alter equally returns the favor as he used his speed to disappear and return in a matter of seconds only for his blade to dig into Y/N's shoulder.

Backing off, Y/N brushed the pain off. All of that armor he had on wasn't really the best when guarding his body.

Given that he is a 2000+ -year-old being. But hey, have to make do with what you have.

Y/N Alter's short swords deformed and materialized from purple flames to right back in his hand.

He tries to attempt the same thing, but Y/N can't be fooled twice.