Water fight: Shōhei Fukunaga (Haikyuu)

(Y/N)'s POV

It was another normal day of volleyball practice, nothing new or interesting other than Lev's odd jokes about Yaku's height which of course resulted in many kicks to the shin. The club had just finished practice, however Fukunaga and I got stuck with mopping the floors. Coach had left us to go talk with the principal so it was just me and Fukunaga, not that I minded that he was incredibly funny yet oddly interesting.

"The mop usually works better when you push it." Fukunaga's voice shook me out of my thoughts. I snickers and replied with a simple "yeah whatever" as I continued to mop along with him. Fukunaga studied me for a second. "Thinking about something?" He asked inquisitively. "I suppose, I was just sort thinking about us I guess" I said almost as a question to myself. Fukunaga tilted his head slightly like a confused puppy. I felt my heart throb and my breath hitch. 'Why the hell did that happen?' I thought to myself. "You alright salonpas? Your face is pretty flushed." I tried to speak but my lungs refused to let me. I quickly took a breath in and calmed myself. "Yeah..." I was blatantly lying but I genuinely had no clue what the fuck was happening to me.

My panic was interrupted by a light splash of water on my back. I yelped as I sprang forward out of shock. "The hell?!" I turned to Fukunaga to see he had his bucket of water. "Your lying, liars get punished." I chuckled as I quickly bent down and scooped a handful of water from my bucket. Fukunaga in his taunting didn't have time to react as I flung the water directly at his face, drenching his hair. My heart ran hot as I saw his wet hair flop over his eyes. Damn what is happening to me. In my confusion Fukunaga quickly retaliated, flinging a handful of water at my face. "That's it you started this war I'm gonna finish it!"

I sprung up and grabbed my bucket and began chasing Fukunaga around the gym as we threw handfuls of water at one another. The gym quickly became slick with water as we splashed each other while the air filled with our laughter and taunts. The chase soon slowed down as we ran our lungs of oxygen, now drenched from head to toe. I panted as I finally caught up to Fukunaga but as I went to splash him the slick floor caught my foot, falling backwards I reached out for anything to grab onto as I descended to my fate. I landed with a thud and a groan passed my lips but it felt odd, almost muffled, my eyes opened only to freeze. Fukunaga was on top of me with his hand on either side of my head, his chest on mine while he straddled my hips but most importantly his lips connected with mine. My face ran red as my heart boomed like a drum. We stayed there for what felt like forever before finally pushing off of each other. I sat up as he sat in front of me, his face red. "I uh, I'm so-mmhp!" He leaned forward again and kissed me. My mind raced as I closed my eyes and enjoyed the kiss as my heart ached. Fukunaga pulled back his face even brighter. "I-I've been wanting to do that" my jaw dropped. "Y-you like me?" Fukunaga chuckled as he leaned his head on my shoulder. "I've liked you for a while dummy, you're just too dense to notice" i wrapped my arms around his waist pulling him on my lap. "So that's what the ache in my chest is!" Fukunaga burst out giggling. "You're denser than granite!" He giggled out as he hugged my shoulders. I blushed as I realized how bad I am at the whole understanding love thing. "So uhh wanna head to my place and hang out? Fukunaga giggles continued as he kissed my cheek. "Led the way~" I chuckled as I picked him up and set him on his feet before offering my hand, He took it and we headed out.

————————————————————————
So after months of life issues I've finally returned, for those wondering everything that happened is explained on my wattpad community tab so if your curious go look there, otherwise I hope you all have been doing great in my absence and hope you will forgive me for that. Alrighty well I hope you enjoyed this and hope to see you all again soon.