Promise: Kurapika Kurta (HxH)

(Y/N)'s POV

"Hey Kurapika, do you think we'll ever get married one day?" I asked the blonde haired male. His head whipped over to me "why would you ask that?!" I chuckled at his flustered response. "Cool down dude I'm only kidding but think about it we've both known each other since before I could remember, we've basically lived our whole lives up until this point together and we're closer than what most people would consider friends" I stated.

Kurapika sighed and rubbed his temples. "That doesn't mean we're dating or anything, now are you going to help me pack or just ask me questions with no logic behind them?" I puffed out my checks slightly annoyed but quickly began to help him pack for the hunter exam. As much as my pride might not let me show it I truly do love him and it breaks my heart I can go along with him because I'm trapped with a broken family and dying clan that needs my help. Kurapika knows this and obviously doesn't relish the idea of leaving me to my fate but considering the quicker he gets his license the faster he can get revenge for his clan I fully understand and support his decision. With all the packing done and the ship arriving I watch as he prepares to board the ship.

"Hey!" Kurapika turns to me. "I know this will sound dumb and cheesy but I really do like you and i truly do hope one day I'll get to put a ring on your finger" I said rubbing my neck awkwardly. "Damn that was cheesy" I mumbled as I looked at my feet. "S-so I made us this" I said as I raised my hand revealing two basic metal rings with each other's names poorly etched into the metal. "I know there sorta bad and poorly built but I just wanted something to give you as a sign of a promise"

"(Y/N)" I looked up to to be grabbed and pulled into a kiss I of course kissed back until he released. Kurapika quickly slipped the ring on before looking at me. "It's perfect and I promise to you that we will see each other again, and who knows maybe you'll get lucky" I chuckled at that as I slipped my ring on. "It's a promise then?" I asked as he picked his gear up. "It's a promise (Y/N) and I plan on keeping it, until we meet again" he gave me a small kiss on the cheek before heading off.

I remember it all like it was yesterday but in reality it had been quite some time almost two years since then and to be honest I was more than ready to find that blonde haired Kurta. I'm the two years we've been separated I managed to cut ties with my family and clan along with getting my hunters license. Now the big issue is finding Kurapika, luckily I had gotten a tip that a red eyed, blonde haired, guy with chains had been spotted in yorknew city, now I might be wrong but there's few people I know who have red eyes and blonde hair but I might need to ask him what's up with the whole chain thing is. I decided my best option was the auction considering that seemed to draw in all the newcomers. After a few hours of wandering in the massive building and nearly running out of hope I happened to see a familiar sight, blonde hair although it was slightly longer than normal. I chuckled and snuck up on Kurapika but he seemed to always stay a step ahead of me and before I knew it he had led me outside and into an alleyway. Before I could comprehend what was happening I was completely wrapped in chains. "Who are you and why are you following me?!"

"Damn, since when did you get kinky?" I chuckled but was slightly strained by the chains "I will not ask again now who are you and why are you following me?" As I got a better look at him I noticed two things, one that time has been nice to him because damn he's beautiful and two I managed to see a scratched up metal ring on his right hand. I chuckled " did you really forget about me? Hell of a promise" he seemed to get frustrated by that. "What do you mean?! Should I know you?"

"Well yeah considering I made the damn ring on your finger!" He seemed to freeze for a second. "(Y/N)?" He almost whispered. I stuck my hand out to show a similar ring with our names still horribly carved into it. "Who else would it be?" The chains dropped and before I could react I was being squeezed to death in a hug. I could only hug back as I heard small sobbing coming from my chest. Considering the look in his eyes when he first looked at me I'd say he's gone back into his revenge crazed state and this is probably his breakdown. I rubbed his back as I pulled us against the wall and leaned up against it. His small sobs slowly faded away as he looked up from my chest. "I-i missed you" my heart nearly shattered. I immediately pulled him into a sweet and small kiss. "I missed you to" we stay there for a while before I finally spoke up.

"So instead of staying in this dirty and damp alley how about I take you out on a date and we can start working on our promise?" Kurapika looked up before smiling. "That sounds nice, any place in mind?" I rubbed my neck. "Well uh I was hoping you'd have a place you liked around here because I'm pretty new here" I said. Kurapika just sighed "what would you do without me"

"Hey! I let you know I managed to get my license and detach myself from that deadbeat family all on my own!"

Kurapika just chuckled as he grabbed my hand and tangled his fingers with mine. "Must have been scary all alone" I sighed and deflated. "Just go I'm too hungry or tired to deal with this" he chuckled. "Well you better get used to it because you're stuck with me" I laughed along with him.

"I guess I am"

————————————————————————
Hey I actually posted this month, god to think to use to post weekly oh how far I've fallen. But on a serious note I will say Kurapika is a bit oc mainly because I'm still pretty new to HxH but I'm definitely hooked on it and plan to probably see more of it with most likely feitan or chrollo just need to think of ideas. Maybe so illumi or hisoka if i can think of an idea but we will see. Also sorry about the long waits between oneshots I truly don't have a good excuse other than downright laziness and a lack of ideas that I feel are good. But that's neither here nor there, anyways I hope you all enjoyed this oneshot and hope to see you all again soon.