Digital Detox: Milo Belladonna (Monster Prom 2)

(Y/N)'s POV

It was yet again another night that I was trapped inside with my boyfriend Milo. I honestly adored him but I was genuinely getting frustrated at his idea of bonding as for the past week he had been either completely locked away in his house or glued to his phone. This wasn't too far from his normal adorable behavior but it had seemed to have been amplified as of late, even to the point of Milo skipping meals. So being the responsible boyfriend I am snatched his phone away from him.

"(Y/N)! Give it back!" Milo whined as he reached for his phone but I simply held it up over my head and watched as he tried to jump to grab it. I chuckled before setting it on top of the tallest shelf I could find. Milo, obviously pissed, began to whine while puffing his cheeks out.

"Milo honey you've been worrying me, you've been even more addicted to your phone than normal. So I decided that for your health we're gonna have a digital detox for just one day" I said hoping to get my point across. Milo only huffed but soon gave in. "Alright but what the hell are we gonna do then?" He asked. I couldn't help but laugh as I grabbed his hand and laced our fingers. "How about we start with a walk and see where it goes?" I asked, looking down into his gorgeous eyes. He hid a blush still trying to act mad and nodded his head.

I pulled him outside before he could change his mind. The walk went smoothly, he seemed slightly agitated but I made sure to gently rub his hand as we walked. Milo slowly but surely calmed down and began to take in the scenery. It was beautiful out to say the least, the trees had just started to change colors, it was cooler out yet not frigid, and it was peaceful which is a rarity when it comes to spooky high we're it seems like there's always something happening.

I took this peaceful moment to pull Milo over to a tree. I sat at the base and pulled him into my lap while keeping both of our hands intertwined so I could continue to trace circles on his palms. Milo seemed to enjoy the silence and leaned his head back resting it on my chest. He let out a disgruntled sigh.

"Milo, what's been going on?" I asked somewhat quietly. Milo tensed but I just waited calmly and continued to trace circles on his palm. He took a deep breath before speaking. "Sorry hon it's just recently my following has gotten more demanding, always wanting something new and fresh and I've been trying my best to please but it never feels like enough, doesn't help that i'm behind in school or that I'm completely buried in reaper work. It's just I feel awful when I completely blow you off so I tried to do both, I tried to have some time with you and produce content but I guess it blew up in my face didn't it?"

Milo gave a soft yet sad chuckle as tears pricked his eyes. My heart sank watching the one I loved so hurt. "Milo hon it alright I'm gonna help you through this. I know you love your following but when your activity killing yourself to entertain them it's just not gonna work. It's okay to take a step back and take your foot off the petal, enjoy the little things and take it slow. Just know you're not alone in this, I'm gonna do everything I can to help you disconnect for at least tonight" I proclaim. Milo engulfs me in a hug I quickly return. He wraps himself around me and buries his face in my shoulder, I gently rock him as he calms down. Milo eventually pulls away and gives me a peck on the cheek.

"Thanks honey I don't know what I'd do without you, so how about we go enjoy ourselves a little date night?" Milo says that was until a loud grumbling is heard from the two of us. I laugh as I bop his nose. "How about food first?" Milo nods as we both stand up then intertwine our hands once more and begin our search for a restaurant.

It didn't take us long as we found a neat little restaurant and quickly ordered. Our food came out somewhat quickly and we devoured it at a fast pace. I laughed once again, it had been a long while since I'd seen Milo eat like this. "What?" Milo asked one cheek half full. "Nothing just got something right there." I say as I wipe off his cheek. He blushes before saying a quick thank you. We finished and I paid much to Milo's displeasure and with that we began our walk home. It was quiet but not uncomfortable, Milo was slightly leaning on me, obviously tired but still alert enough to walk with my guidance. We made it home not long after both of us were exhausted. I quickly changed into pajamas and flopped into bed with Milo, I pulled him close.

"(Y/N)?" I heard in a light whisper. "Mmhm" I responded. "Thanks for today, I really needed it" I simply chuckled and kissed his forehead. "No problem honey- oh wait uh your phones still on the shelf do yo-"

"Screw it, just cuddle me"

"Whatever you say"

————————————————————————
Hey so as you can see I fell in love with monster prom so much to the point I was debating making a full book about it out of spite due to the lack of them but I quelled that desire with this oneshot for the moment. But on the other hand happy early Halloween for those who read this when it comes out, I was debating making a Halloween oneshot but I honestly had no idea what to do and I feel this spooky boi is a good early replacement. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed this oneshot and hope to see you all again soon.