Dog Days: Edward Elric (FMAB)

Authors pov

"She is totally gonna kill me"

"Yep, that makes two of us brother"

Said brothers, Ed and Alphonse, we're currently making their way back home. Now whilst heading back home would usually be seen as a good thing these brothers were dreading their eventual return.

Why you may ask? Well you see both brothers weren't exactly in one piece. Specifically Ed's arm looked as though it had been shredded and Al was arguably worse with large swaths of his metal body missing.

"Doesn't help that it feels like I'm melting" Ed said as he wiped the sweat forming on his forehead.

Soon the brothers approached the small shop they had once called home with a familiar old lady with a disgruntled look on her face at the door.

"Uh- h-hey granny" Ed tried to act normal but immediately flinched as the lady took a step forward. The lady sighed before bonking Ed on the head.

"I was hoping there would be one time you two would come home with all your pieces still attached but I suppose that was wishful thinking.. otherwise welcome home"

Both brothers flinched as the door swung open. Ed ducking and covering his head waiting for the wrench that would most certainly accompany the verbal assault Winry was about to put on him. But instead Ed heard nothing except for soft footsteps that stopped right in front of him along with a pair of black leather boots. Ed was confused until a hand lifted his chin up to be met with a pair of soft (e/c) eyes.

"First you run away without telling me and now this is how you treat me when you finally come home?"

"(Y/N)!?" Ed almost fainted seeing the male standing over him. Said male chuckled as he pulled Ed up before looking over the two. He let out a whistle as he inspected the brothers.

"Your both lucky as hell Winry is out" both brothers gave a confused look towards their childhood friend, well in Al's case, as confused a look a suit of armor could give. (Y/N) gave another chuckle as he ruffled Ed's hair.

"She's out of town on a business trip, so me and granny are holding it down" both brothers let out a sigh of relief until Ed realized something.

"Wait if Winry is out of town..... WHOS GONNA FIX MY AUTOMAIL!" (Y/N) laughed before slapping Ed on the back

"Well that would be me, I know I'm not exactly the same but I don't think you've got much of a choice" Ed sighed both relieved and slightly worried.

(Y/N) had been a friend of both the brothers and Winry since they were practically baby's. (Y/N) himself was an orphan of war who was taken in by the Rockbells. He grew up interested in metalworking much like Winry and grew close with Pinako very quickly.

"Well let's get you two inside so we can give you both a look over, I'll be there in a minute but first gotta go put out the forge" (Y/N) then dashed off to make sure his forge didn't burn itself down as the brothers were led inside by Pinako.

"He seems as cheery as ever.." Ed said whilst sweat dropping "yeah he seems really happy to see us" Al responded.

"He has missed you two, you know," Pinako said before turning around. "You two mean the world to him so expect him to be like this for a while" she said chuckling slightly.

Both brothers felt a slight twinge of remorse. You see when they had both left to start their journey they may have avoided telling (Y/N) as they feared it would break the cheery male's heart. Little did they realize that in this case it only made (Y/N) feel worse.

"Alrighty let's get started!" Both brothers jumped from (Y/N)'s sudden entrance to the house. The male was now slightly covered in a thin layer of ash and smelled of smoke but approached the two nonetheless.