I

Yasmin wandered away from her parent's grave, leaving Jace staring at the graves. Clary slipped past her as she entered the building. She felt Alec's eyes on her as she walked through the crowd, he and Ajax had been asking Clary, her and Jace what had happened that night by the lake. But Yasmin remembered very little, she remembered Jace on the ground bleeding out, she remembered the feel of cold steel across her throat and water closing over her mouth and face. She remembered sinking into blackness.

Her next memory was fuzzy, her bare feet landing on the soft, chilly sand, legs trembling as Alec's arms embraced her. She had been wearing a white dress, not the Shadowhunter gear she had...died in? Drowned in? Passed out in? Jace had been stood close by absolutely fine, no sign of his wound.

The night after the party Clary and Jace had made her promise not to tell anyone about Jace and her, but honestly speaking Yasmin had no idea what had happened to her twin. She had felt the bond between them break, but when she had...awoken...it had been there again, the gentle pull between the two siblings like magnets. Clary refused to tell her what had happened when it had been her alone against Valentine and Yasmin hadn't pushed it, she knew what it was like to try to conceal information so not to hurt anyone, she would give Clary that gift – even if all those months ago Clary hadn't given that to her by revealing her to the Clave and many more of Yasmin's secrets.

Ajax had been quiet the first few days, his constant worrying glances concerned Yasmin, he and Alec often whispered in the corner to each other before parting again quickly when they realised, she was watching. Alec himself had been there for Yasmin at all times, his presence comforting and constant, she had told him about the bond between her and Jace, it was only fair. The night Jace had almost been executed and Yasmin had sent something down their bond, Alec had felt it. The Lightwood described it as a warm glow in his chest. They were connected, the 3 of them in some weird, indescribable way.

Alec placed a gentle hand on her shoulder his tall frame still dwarfed her much smaller form, "let's go home, it's too crowded in here" his voice was light, but his eyes seemed to hum with anger. He had tried to talk to Clary and the redhead had given him the same lie that she had told Yasmin, that Jace hadn't died and it was just Jace being impaled. Neither of them had believed the redhead and Yasmin had to agree with her boyfriend, both Alec and Ajax had felt both twins die, so how had they both come away from the Lake breathing?

Together they walked through a portal into the New York institute. "Ajax is with Magnus. He's worried about Magnus being demoted from High Warlock of Brooklyn" she answered Aleks unasked question walking towards the training room, deliberately going the long way to avoid Sebastian's...Jonathan's old room. Her detour was not missed by the elder boy.

"Yasmin" he began slowly, "I know that you don't want to talk about it, but you can't keep your feelings bottled up forever".

"Look whose talking Alexander" Yasmin replied attempting to mimic her usual teasing tone but failing miserably.

"Exactly why I know the damage it can cause. Look we have both been distracted lately. I thought I lost you. You can't remember what happened and Clary won't tell anyone anything. So why don't we get away for a few hours?"

"A date Alexander? An actual first date?"

Alec laughed his hand scratching the back of his neck, "We kinda screwed up the order of events most mundanes take"

This time Yasmin let out a genuine laugh, the first smile in days splitting across her face. "We are so far from a mundane relationship Alec it's laughable". Together they passed the armoury where Izzy was watching Clary quietly, motioning them to hush. Clary picked up two small seraph knives, tone looked eerily familiar to Yasmin as Valentine's blade, the same one the man had used so often to train her all those years ago.