Episode 1

Jace tumbled through the portal, his hand gripping Valentine's arm tightly. "You set me up to kill that vampire!"

"You killed her because it was the right thing to do, the world is a safer place" Valentine panted, pulling Joycelyn's arrow out of his chest, the arrow aimed for Jace; her own son. "Would you rather turn her into the clave?" Valentine jeered,

"That is my job! The law is hard..."

"But it is the law." Valentine finished, "Downworlders are multiplying if we do nothing, they will wipe us out"

Jace growled in annoyance, he had gone with Valentine to save his friends, not to become a killer. He turned to leave when Valentine resumed talking, "I know you better than you know yourself".

Jace rounded on his father just as a small shadow appeared at Valentines side, darkness covering their face. Jace knew who it was from the small lithe physic. "You could have portaled me anywhere, turned me into the clave. And yet you didn't. Because deep down inside you know I'm right". Valentine chuckled, "And you wouldn't leave your sister".

Yasmin, let the dim light fall over her face, illuminating her soulless, black, unseeing eyes. "Yaz?" Jace whispered reaching out to her. Yasmin only cocked her head to the side, like a bird inspecting the world below. She didn't answer, she hadn't spoken since they had come through the portal. She was a constant shadow next to Valentine, flickering in and out of existence. Jace felt his heart clench, as she slid back into the shadows
--------------------------------------------------------

Alec hit the bag again causing a loud thwacking sound to echo through the room, he vaguely heard someone enter the room, but he didn't care who it was. It wasn't Jace and it wasn't her.

"Alec, are you ok" Alec internally groaned ta the redheads' voice.

"I told you not to show your face back here"

"I can explain..."

"Unless your explanation can bring Jace or...Save it"

"Jace and Yasmin are my siblings too"

"You barely know him" he retorted, unable to supress the flinch at Clary saying her name, " I grew up with him, I fought by his side, he's my brother, my best friend"

"And the girl you love" Clary butted in; anger flared in his eyes. He turned away from Clary shaking his head. "For gods sake Alec! She's still out there and you refuse to even say her name. As soon as Ajax recovers we'll find her. I want them both back as much as you do! I am not my mother" Clary cried.

Alec saw again Joycelyn firing the arrow at Jace, the arrow Valentine had taken for him. And yet despite the presence of Valentine and his Parabatai , he had looked for a flash of long blonde hair that haunted his dreams.

"I don't even know you; you show up out of nowhere, you convince me and my brother to search for your mother. The next thing I know Jace is gone. Ajax is half dead in a coma, and SHE could be anywhere under the control of Valentine!" The anger and fear that Alec had bottled up for weeks exploded at Clary. Clary stepped forward apologizing, but Alec ignored her.

"Ever since you arrived you've caused nothing but trouble. My family lost their birth right, Izzy almost lost her runes and now Valentine has Jace. And it is all because of you"

Alec ignored Izzy who pulled desperately at his arm, "When are you going to realise you don't belong here, you never have". He stormed away ignoring his sisters disapproving shout.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jace" a familiar voice called from behind him

Jace felt his anger rise as 'Clary' touched his back, spinning around, he grabbed her, pinning her to him. She gasped and struggled, "I have had enough of your games" he growled furiously

"Jace its me!" she cried, he snorted in disbelief, "It's me I swear, remember when you taught me to see through the glamour's, I got accounted by that vampire. I wanted to be anger at you, but you took me on my first motorcycle ride" Jace felt his heart pick up, it was her. She was here.

Clary explained about Dot but what really got his attention was Clary saying she could see the future. "That not possible..."

"Well I guess I'm not your ordinary Shadowhunter, neither are you, nor is Yasmin"

"What did you see?"

"Downworlders, they slaughter mundanes one by one till there is no one left. It is carnage and blood runs through the streets like water after a heavy storm. At the end of 56th Avenue is a figure, a blood red sun framing them. It's Yasmin. She is covered in blood; her eyes are pure black and lifeless as if she is a demon. Your demon blood and Yasmin's downworlder blood is the only way to stop this"

Jace's heart froze, Clary last saw Yasmin's eyes as sky blue, she hadn't yet realised that the eyes she saw where Yasmin's. "My children" Valentine smiled walking up to them. Jace didn't hear what Valentine and Clary were talking about properly, all he knew was that she had to stay on the boat and not go after the werewolf.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jace listened to the werewolf beg him, he vaguely heard Dot and Clary walk over watching silently. Valentine's voice echoed in his head, while Clary's pushed at the back of his mind. It was as if he was in a trance.

Until Clary's yell broke him out of it. He sprinted after her, coming short as four dark Shadowhunter's blocked his path, Valentine calling his name. The men ran at him, he swung his blade when he felt a tug in his chest. He felt Alec's presence for a brief second, blood trickled out his nose. Clary's worried question didn't register in his mind.

He felt his chest compress; Alec was in trouble and he could hardly stand. Dot stood before them opening a portal.

"Jace" a female voice called, Jace spun round. Yasmin stood next to Valentine her hand outstretched as Valentine pulled at her chain round her neck. Her eyes were still pitch black, but she had spoken, her voice cracked and broken. He heard Clary's intake of breath, felt her fear and joy clash as she looked at Yasmin.

Clary grabbed Jace's arm pulling him over the side of the ship, for a split second Jace caught Yasmin's eyes, her cold, lifeless, black eyes drilled into him almost causing him to grab the railing to go back to get her. But Clary's warm hand pulled him down into the freezing cold river below and the portal Dot had made.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yasmin felt something ripple across the silent black lake, a whisper of voices. She thought she heard Jace's. She couldn't see him, but she was sure his voice called out to her. "Jace" she called, her voice echoing across the darkness, fading into nothingness, time had stopped. She had no idea how long she had been here for. Her mind was foggy as she stared up at the endless abyss, looking up again at the eight stars that formed a spiral, she had named each one after a person. The chant kept her mind in the present, or as present as it could be in this darkness: Jace, Izzy, Ajax, Magnus, Clary, Simon, Luke, Sebastian. Over and over again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N I'm back after a VERY long hiatus, wasn't sure if I was going to continue this story to be honest, but I am now. I enjoyed diving back into Yasmin's story and I'm excited to tell the plot I have in my mind. this season although it will follow the general course of season 2 of the TV show it will not follow all of it. Episodes will be missed out if they are not important to my story line and new episodes will be added in.

I really hope you liked this first chapter, it's a little descriptive as I need certain events to happen for the plot to make sense later on.

Thankyou again for all your support. you guys are teh reason I love writing this book

Tess