Episode 16

Yasmin's feet took her back to the institute. Where this time she did walk straight into Alec who was with Izzy. "Yasmin" he cried happily. She shifted back looking up at the two, both Lightwood's faces fell at seeing her expression. "What's the matter Yaz?" asked Izzy.

"Nothing. What's happened? "

"I need you and Izzy to go and retrieve Jace and Clary from..."

"Idris, Lake Linn"

Izzy looked shocked but Alec fixed Yasmin with a look. "Please tell me you didn't somehow help them go. Do you know what that lake can do. It can cause hallucinations!" Alec whispered quietly and quickly

"I know what it does, but the aim wasn't the lake. It was a cabin me and Jace used to go to with Valentine, Clary must have missed it and they ended up in the lake"

"Which is why we need to go quickly" Izzy cut the two of them off from a further argument, point to Robert who was standing next to an open portal. Together they approached him.

"You're sending the hybrid" Robert asked with badly concealed disgust and fear.

"No I'm sending our best fighter" Alec defended Yasmin, "She is just as skilled as Jace. In a fight I don't know who would win. If you want Izzy to be safe, then Yasmin goes with her" Alec nodded at the two girls. Izzy grabbed Yasmin's hand and pulled her through the portal.

-------------------------------------------------

Yasmin was currently up a tree above Izzy who was looking around. Yasmin's enhanced eyesight scanned the surrounding area, but she couldn't see Clary or Jace, but she could smell them. She knew Jace was right below her and this was confirmed by the sound of voices. Yasmin made to go down the trees when something exploded off the ground flying straight upwards into the sky faster than the even her eyes could follow. The birds cascaded from the trees in panic.

"You didn't drink any of the lake water, did you?" Izzy was asking worriedly to Jace as Yasmin landed lightly beside her twin. Jace looked slightly surprised to see her but smile at her all the same.

"No but Clary did" Yasmin's heart sunk to her stomach, "What?" Jace asked seeing the look on the girls faces.

"Lake lin's water has hallucination properties. An Iratze should be able to cure her but we need to get to her soon" Izzy explained

"Or what?"

"She could lose her mind forever" Yasmin told Jace.

Jace turned to Yasmin his eyes burning with worry. "Yazzie, I need you. You're the only one of us whose fast enough..."

"You're a natural born tracker" Izzy supplied.

Yasmin nodded her head shifting into her wolf form before their eyes. She nodded her head at them and took off into the woods hot on Clary's scent, Jace and Izzy sprinting behind her.

She found Clary lain against a rock. Silently she padded back to Jace and Izzy, grapping hold of her twin's sleeve she dragged him towards the girl he loved. "Clary" Jace said cautiously. Clary leaped up in panic looking at them.

"Who are you?"

"It's me, Jace"

"I don't know you"

Yasmin winced, this conversation was extremely familiar to her, only now she was in the position Alec had been when he had been speaking to her.

"You're confused. We're here to help you" Clary looked almost drunk as well as delusional, eying Izzy as the Lightwood pulled out her Steele. "Just hold still" Izzy told her calmly, approaching Clary.

"Where's Jace?" Clary asked. Yasmin snorted. He water had completely mucked with Clary's mind. The irony of her running away from Jace and asking where Jace was. Suddenly as Izzy got close Clary lashed out to attack Izzy. Yasmin shifted back into her human form advancing with her twin. Clary was fighting using her pure survival instinct, she kicked Jace several times and hit Izzy more. But she didn't land a hit on Yasmin.

The hybrid was too quick. Too experienced with how prey fought when they were cornered and relied on pure instinct. She circled the red head while Jace and Izzy stood closer to Clary, either side of her.

"Look we're not going to hurt you" Jace tried to calm Clary

"You're not going to get the chance" she spat at him, stomping her foot down on Izzy's Steele, snapping it in half. Jace's eyes widen in horror, the situation had suddenly become a lot more fragile and dangerous for all of them.

"Hey. Stop. Stop. I know you're scared but its me Jace" Clary attacked him, and he spun her around to trap her in his arms.

"Jace you don't need a Steele to activate your runes. Remember when Azazel attacked us at the institute. Your Iratze you drew" Yasmin yelled at her twin.

Jace's eyes burned gold and Clary stopped struggling as the Iratze glowed gold under his shirt. "Jace" Clary breathed. "Yea" Jae smiled at her.

"You're Ok"

"Now that you are"

"I suggest we go now" Izzy said,

"I know the way" Yasmin smiled at the three Shadowhunter's, in the back of her mind trying to forget the Seelie Queen's words. She led the way out of the woods along an invisible track that only she and Jace knew.

She and Jace arrived together on the hill looking down at the cabin. Izzy and Clary behind them. Jace looked at Yasmin, his hand slipped into hers to give it a little squeeze. Only he and Alec knew how much Valentine had affected her. Yasmin took a concealed deep breath and nodded at Jace as they led the way towards the cabin.

The stairs creaked loudly as they rushed down them, Jace in front with Yasmin on his heels. The Cabin was empty apart from a chair with chains attached to it. Yasmin shifted to get a better feel of the surrounding as well as the smells that were contained in the cabin. She sniffed the chains. A fresh scent was on them, but it was hidden, whoever had been here had been here recently, but they had known someone with her abilities was coming as every scent was clean, there was no distinguishable smells, apart from Valentine's. Yasmin knew his smell well and he had been here.

"We're too late" cursed Jace.

---------------------------------------------------

Yasmin entered the study yet again to find Jace and Clary over the journals from the cabin.

"You were opposite ends of the spectrum" Clary gasped

"With Yazzie in the middle" Jace agreed, he looked despairingly at the hundreds of pages of notes.

"These are all that is left of our childhood Jace" Yasmin said as he leaned on the table between the two of them.

"This was 10 years ago. Jonathan died in a fire when he was an infant. How could Valentine have been studying him if he was already dead."

"Because he's not"

"Ilthuriel wasn't talking about you. He was talking about my brother" Clary said at the same time as Yasmin spoke.

The two Shadowhunter's whirled around to look at Yasmin. "The Seelie Queen told me, and I've had a hunch for a while" she explained to them.

"He's alive" gasped Clary.

The Herondale twins looked at each other in horror. Valentine was just the start of their problems.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N Jonathan is back! And he is closer than anyone knows.

Thank you all so much for all your support in this book, it  ranks the world to me. I start school again today!

Tess