Episode 3

A/N Warning next few episodes of the TV show will be skipped and changed. Don't worry the plot will still makes sense.

Jace sat curled in his cell in the City of Bones. The damp wall in front of him had 121 bricks in it, 65 of them were cracked and 76 of them had moss growing on him.

He was bored. Bored and restless.

A dangerous combination for a Shadowhunter of Jace's ability. He pulled himself to his feet and resumed his hourly pacing of the small, cramped cell.

Footsteps that were not his echoed down the corridor. "Jace" Clary's soft voice called, Jace was immediately up against the bars, Clary's red hair and Alec's tall figure came into view. Clary rushed up to him hugging him through the bars. Alec smiled quietly at him, nodding that he was ok in answer to Jace's silent question over Clary's shoulder.

"Is it true about the mundanes?" He hoarse voice rung out. The drop of Alec's eyes told him the answer before Clary opened her mouth.

"It was a blood bath", a shiver racked her small body, "Every single one of them dead"

Jace's heart sunk further. He had hoped, for a brief, idealistic moment that when Yasmin had said his name on the ship, she was breaking free of Valentine's control. It was a fragile hope that had been shattered, at the cost of innocent blood.

"It's my fault that they were killed" Clary said, "I enabled us to escape without Yasmin."

"This is Valentine proving to us that he still has power over us, even without Jace" Alec solemn voice cut over Clary's. Jace nodded silently. "Look Jace, we will do everything we can to get Yasmin back"

"You will do no such this, Miss Fairchild" Aldertree's sharp voice cut the still air, causing the three of them to flinch, "You're lucky not to be in one of these cells yourself, withholding information about Valentine"

"What are you going to do about Yasmin then?" Jace asked, Aldertree paused.

"That is the question of the night, one that the Clave has been debating for the last couple of hours. Half want to bring her back safely; she is not in control and should be given fair treatment. The other half want her dead, she is far too powerful."

"But you can't catch her" Alec cut in his eyes sweeping Aldertree. Aldertree raised his eyebrows, clearly impressed.

"You are familiar with Magnus' shadow aren't you Mr Lightwood" the subtle jibe was there. Jace saw Alec clench his fists behind his back, Alec hadn't revealed why he had asked about Yasmin as soon as his eyes had opened and Jace was too wary to ask.

"If Yasmin doesn't want to be found, you won't find her. Whether she's under Valentine's control or not" Clary retorted defensively but her shoulders were tense. Jace had a strong feeling she was thinking about the vision she had had of Yasmin at the head of an army of demons.

"The same goes for Ajax Cairstair. Both hybrids have disappeared off the face of the Earth. And the last people to see them was...you" he looked at the three of them. "We have found are own way of Controlling the Hybrids when we find them".

Jace eyed the two Silent Brothers who appeared at the end of the hallway. His time was up, his trial was upon him.

"Jace" Clary called as Jace was pulled by the chains binding his wrists down the other end of the hallway, away from Alec, Clary and Aldertree. Jace shook his head at her, nodding to Alec who put a hand on her shoulder pulling her away.

His throat was already dry as he entered the room, the moral sword sat on a stand in a circle of light. Aldertree and a few Shadowhunter's, along with seven silent brothers stood around the small room, watching him silently. He hated the sword the second he entered the circle, maybe it was his connection to Yasmin, but the sword reeked of something, a mix of fear, desire and anger. This was one of the few weapons that could truly kill his sister. And this was one of the objects that could be used to control her.

He expected Aldertree to tell him to pick up the sword. But the Shadowhunter did not. Instead he just watched.

"This is your form of control" Jace breathed, Aldertree nodded.

"Clarissa Fairchild is spectacularly good a letting slips small pieces of information. Information that allows me to build up a picture of what's going on. It is one of the reasons she is not residing in a cell next to yours. She is unknowingly extremely helpful."

Jace trembled with rage, perhaps Valentine was right, the Clave was no better than Valentine. Aldertree walked forward placing the sword in Jace's bound hands. Immediately Jace felt claws dig into his mind, the sword burned painfully in his hands. "Did you aid Valentine Morgenstern?" Jace didn't care who had asked the question, all he felt was pain has he tried to refuse to answer. "It will be less painful if you let yourself speak the truth"

"Yes" Jace gasped

"Is your sister helping Valentine?"

"Not willingly"

"So, the cup does control the Hybrids?"

Jace collapsed to his knees, anger and pain mixed together as he howled, fighting himself to keep his sister safe.

"Yes" his voice cracked, unable to not speak the truth due to the dam sword in his hands. Aldertree's triumphant looked fuelled his anger.

"Why did you help Valentine? You were under no influence"

"Because he is right, the Clave is just as bad as the Circle" Jace writhed in pain, trying to shut himself up. The Shadowhunter leaned closer.
"Are you still loyal to the Clave?"

Jace pause, he had no idea what to say. Was he? Who did he trust? He opened his mouth to answer when the doors burst open. A female Shadowhunter burst into the room tears streaming down her face. "There has been a demon attack on the institute"

Aldertree pulled the sword out of Jace's hands causing him to fall to his knees, breathing deeply. "At what cost?"

Her grief-stricken eyes looked at Jace and Jace knew something terrible had happened to Alec and Izzy. "It controlled people's minds", her voice shook, "Lydia is half dead, Isabelle Lightwood is injured but recovering slowly.", again the woman paused, "Jocelyn. Jocelyn Fairchild is dead."

"Whose body did the demon hold when she was killed?" Aldertree's calm voice was tense, the woman looked timidly at Jace. Suddenly it clicked into place, the woman's wary looks at him.

"Alexander Lightwood"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hola, sorry for the fact that quite a few episodes have been missed until we get to episode 10, nothing really important happens in relation to Yasmin's plot.

Hope you guys enjoyed this episode. Any theories on the rest of Yasmin's season 2 story? Thankyou for reading and all your support it really means the world to me.

Next episode we get more exciting, with the return of a main character, can you guess who will be returning?

Tess