Episode 22

"Are we too late" Clary gasped as they reached the lake. Yasmin shifted still crouched by the water's edge. "He's here" she said lowly looking around.

"We beat him here. We can stop him" Jace said. Movement from the shadows caused Yasmin who was ten feet away from the pair to scream Jace's name.

Valentine stabbed Jace through the heart. Jace looked up shocked at the man in front of him. Clary was frozen with horror. "I'm sorry son. I had to"

Yasmin vision blurred; she was seeing through eyes that went hers. She watched Alec gasped falling to the floor. "Alexander" the voice came from her, but it was not Yasmin speaking. It was Ajax's. Yasmin was seeing through Ajax's eyes. She saw Magnus and Izzy hurry towards Alec, "Are you ok?"

Yasmin's vision flickered between her own and Ajax's. How they were connected she didn't know. Something told her it was Valentine's doing. She watched Jace collapse to the ground. She screamed his name.

Yasmin's heart constricted as she watched her brother bleed out, his eyes misting over, while in her mind's eye through whatever connection she had with Ajax. Alec screamed in pain. Yasmin screamed with him, her grief increasing, as Jace struggled to speak.

Clary threw herself next to Jace while Yasmin crawled towards him. "I'm so sorry Clary"

"It's Ok. Save your breath. Don't say anything. Its going to be ok" she rambled. Although she still clung to Jace she moved for Yasmin to hold his head, she pressed on his wound muttering words that had saved Max, grabbing for the blade, Jace's hands stopped her. He shook his head.

He knew she couldn't save him, not without her herbs. She had said it herself a few hours previously in New York. She was no Warlock. She pressed her forehead down into his closing her eyes.

"No. No. No. You promised me Jace. You promised me" Yasmin sobbed, "You promised me you were the one thing Valentine would never take from me"

Jace's eyes closed, Yasmin felt that bond that had flared up stronger than ever, after she had poured her strength down it, snap. Clary was sobbing and rambling next to her.

Yasmin watched in her minds eye as Alec gasped as his Parabatai rune disappeared. Yasmin screamed as hands closed around her, Valentine was dragging her backwards towards the water's edge. She was screaming, tears running down her face.

Clary ran at her father, but Valentine hit her, knocking her out. He bound Clary's hands tightly. However he left Jace's body untouched. He drew runes around Yasmin so she couldn't escape her tiny circle he threw her into. It was some invisible cage.

For the second time in an hour Yasmin was locked in a cage. This one however was far worse. She no longer just felt helpless.

She felt empty. Just empty. As if someone had turned the switch off, she felt nothing.

Valentine picked up the cup. Clary screamed at him to stop. "Good your awake. Just in time to see history being made

"You killed Jace. How could you?"

"He certainly would have stopped me if I hadn't. Clarissa, I love that boy. And I love this girl" he indicated Yasmin, "Like I loved Joycelyn. See their deaths were necessary sacrifices to help me save humanity"

"Yasmin isn't dead. Don't lie to me" Clary spat looking at Yasmin, "Don't you dare kill her. You've never loved anyone but yourself" Clary's words were understandably jumbled.

"If that were true, then why do you think I've kept you alive?" Valentine walked away towards Yasmine and the mortal instruments. He picked up the sword and the cup. He stepped into the water dragging Yasmin with him.

"I thought you needed me" she spat at him, struggling against the invisible grip that held her.

"The mortal instruments require a sacrifice to summon the angel. Blood. Blood that is strong. Blood that is special. Blood that isn't just out of heaven or hell or human. Your blood my dear Yasmin." Valentine looked at her, a small patch of remorse glimmered in his eyes for a split second. "Why do you think I created you? My third experiment. My most important. I need your body Yasmin, not your soul. It has already been proven that my control can be broken. I won't make that mistake again."

They were deep in the water Valentine dropped the cup into the water, he kept held of the sword and Yasmin. "Raziel hear me" he yelled into the night, "I call upon the mortal instruments and summon you into this mortal realm" light exploded upwards. Valentine pulled Yasmin close.

"Pity you'll will not get to witness the new world, Yasmin dear" he raised the sword slashing it across her neck. Yasmin gasped, blood filled her mouth, she was choking on it. Clary's scream echoed faintly in her ears. The sword was dropped into the water with her blood. Her body floated downwards. Yasmin felt like she was looking down a telescope. Light, brilliant white light shone above the surface.

A calm spread through Yasmin as darkness closed over her vision. She drifted into an endless black abyss of oblivion.

-----------------------------------------------------
A/N I'm back! This chapter broke my heart to write, I love jace and Yasmins relationship and to see it broken killed me.

What do you guys think will happen next?

Thankyou so much for all your support during my hiatus.

Tess