Chapter 4

Alec Lightwood turned to Jace as the two walked away from the mundane and Clary embracing , Jace looking jealous which in turn made Alec feel jealous. "We have to go back for her" he snapped at Jace.

"Why we don't even know her" the blonde replied tearing his eyes away from Clary.
"She's laid down her life for us on three separate occasion in these last 24 hours. That's more than I can say about the little girl" Alec snapped
"She has no one Alec"
"She doesn't.."
"No Alec! Stop! Just stop!" Jace yelled, this caught the attention of the couple below and Alec felt himself hear Hodge's words again. "I'm not in your shadow Jace"
"If you really feel that way about her then why did you help us tonight?" Jace asked. Alec felt himself freeze as he looked at his crush, what could he say back to Jace? That he was in love with him or that it was actually the hooded girl that had made him follow Jace through the Hotel? Without saying anything he turned and stormed away.
___________________________
Yasmin was back in Magnus's apartment. "So how was your raid against the Vampires?" Magnus asked the blonde coyly, Yasmin rolled her eyes at the warlock. "It must have been weird working with other shadowhunters. You see anything you like with either of the boys... or girls" he teased.

Yasmin slapped him hard on the arm. "So how the party preparations going?" She asked avoiding his previous question, "Oh you know me and how I love to party" he smiled.
"And what about the circle members, Valentine is looking for you!" Yasmin said standing up looking at him, "I can't loose you too Magnus your the only family I have left. Jace doesn't count as he doesn't know where I am" the blonde hugged her father figure tightly. Magnus smiled as he embraced her small 5 foot 3 figure. He crouched down so he was below her eye level as he looked into Yasmin's eyes. "You will not loose me Yasmin Wayland. I promise you this" he voice was serious and Yasmin let herself show her emotion in her eyes. "Just for once you don't need to hold the wait of the world Yazie"

_________________________
Alec stood in front of a screen as Hodge pulled up images of Magnus Bane. "Magnus Bane a 300 year old warlock"
"He looks like the Downworlds David Guetta" Clary commented.
"Guetta's already a downworlder" Izzy smirked,
"Ever seen him in sunlight?". At this Alec felt himself snap,
"Can you two focus? This is not a joke"

"Someone needs to get slayed"

"Alec's right Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust for Shadowhunters" Hodge explained nodding at Alec. "So why did he help my mother?" Clary asked quickly. Hodge started explaining to Clary about payment but Alec was busy watching Jace, as his Parabatai sat down next to him.

"So how do we find him?" Jace asked,
"Since Valentine came out of hiding most of the warlocks have gone into hiding" he said calmly, Hodge nodded at him, "Valentine must be hunting Warlocks to wake up Jocelyn.." he was cut short by his circle tune burning.
"So how do we find Magnus"
"We don't. Magnus finds us. We'll set up a meeting, somewhere well protected" Jace said sounding confident.

Alec heard his sister pipe up, "I know exactly where " she said getting up and showing everyone a downworlder rave invite. "Where'd you get that?" Alec asked but he had a feeling he didn't want to know.

"From my surveillance of the downworld. I hear Magnus Bane likes to party"
"He'll never go for it" Alec threw in.
"Of course he will. He'll hide in plain sight" Jace cut him off. "I don't know.." Clary sighed, "Trust me, if Magnus is coming out of hiding it will be the biggest party of the year" Izzy smirked at the other girl.

"Never underestimate Magnus' greed" Hodge walked over to a fine in the floor unlocking it and pulling out a red necklace. "Is that real?" Izzy gasped, Alec could tell his sister loved it. "This is Magnus', it has special meaning to Magnus Bane. He brought it for his lover Camille back in 1857 for the price of his London Town house" Hodge said holding the necklace gingerly.
"Camille and Magnus were lovers?"
"Warlock gets around"

"The jewel alerts the wearer to any presence of demons" Izzy reaches out for the necklace muttering how beautiful it was. "Magnus has longed to be reunited with this necklace, offer it to him and he might jaunt take the bait" Hodge grined, "Great I'll send Magnus a fire message" Jace started to walk off but Hodge held out his hand as he dropped the ruby into Izzy's hands.

He beckoned them all over to the screens again. Alec looked at the older man confused. "All these pictures have been taken in the last 8 years. What do you see in all of them?" Hodge asked
"Magnus" teased Jace. Alec scanned the pictures and he noticed that beside Magnus was a hooded figure alway near to him. "The girl" he spoke up and Hodge nodded at him.

Pressing the screen he brought up the image of the girl, her hood was pushed back but her face was in shadows, her only noticeable feature that was a clear was her waist length blonde hair. She was dressed in shadowhunter combat gear her hair hung loose around her face but her face was in shadow and unclear.

"She is Magnus' shadow" Hodge explained calmly while the other studied the girl. He brought up footage of Alec, Jace and Izzy in the Pandemonium fighting demons with the girl and Clary.

"Shadow as the Clave has named her is quite a legend back in Idris. She is a shadowhunter and an exceptional fighter with a blade but her favoured weapon is her crossbow" Hodge looked at them as they all recognised her as the girl who had helped them. "Shadow appeared on our radar 8 years ago when she was 10 years old. She's grown up with downworlders. She is always there protecting them"

"From us or Demons?" Jace asked his eyes eying the sky carefully.
"Both, mainly demons and she's helped shadowhunters on mission serval times but she never removes her hood. As you found out even the silent brothers except her so they refuse to give information on Shadow. Rumour is that she's searching for a shadowhunter" Hodge turned the screen off looking at Alec mainly. "Why are you telling us this" Clary asked and Alec rolled his eyes at her. "Because even if Magus will take the bait she won't" she told the redhead, "She is too clever and cautious for that".

Jace then decided to break the mood, "She got a hot Scottish accent though" Alec rolled his eyes but he had to agree with Jace that Shadow's scottish accent made her even more mysterious and he wanted to know how she'd got it despite being with Magnus Bane for 8 years. Only Alec heard Jace's last comment before his Parabatai left the room, "My sister had a Scottish accent"
"How?" Clary asked
"My father kept us separate most of the time. Me in Idris and she up in the highlands of Scotland" Jace replied shortly.
__________________________
"Shadowhunters!" Yasmin yelled at Magnus. "I don't care about a Necklace Magnus! I care about your life!". Magnus who was dressed to impress rolled his eyes at her. "Which is why I need you there with me my little Shadow" Magnus said softly "are you wearing that?" He asked her indicating her shadowhunter combat gear. Yasmin rolled her, "You'll never get me in a dress Mag" she laughed, strapping her crossbow over her back and her Seraph blade at her belt.

"And your hood and cloak?" Magnus teased. "Not exactly" Yasmin smirked as she pulled a cloak from her wardrobe, it covered her back with her crossbow but made her combat clothes visible. A hood covered her face, pouring her face into shadows with her waist length blond hair covering her shoulders and down her back. Magnus smiled, " I wouldn't say your dressed to impress but your definitely dressed to fight".
===========================
A/N hey guys I'm back sorry for the delay in updating but I really need to know if you like this book, so if you do comment or vote just last me know you want me to continue with it.

Tess