Chapter 14

"They need angel blood to get past these ward" Jace chastised Alec. Yasmin was sitting next to Ajax on a table watching the scene before them, "Well let's hope me and Ajax are the last of our kind because we got past the wards pretty easily" Yasmin said flatly.

"Or they get invited in by a Shadowhunter" Izzy added

"Last time I checked Valentine is a shadowhunter. And I still don't trust you" Alec direct the last sentence a Ajax whose pose was relaxed and careless as ever. Ajax just raised his eyebrows at the Lightwood boy in response.

Yasmin disagreed with Alec on the fact that he wanted to give it back to the Clave. For once she was on Clary's side.
"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec asked incredulously when Izzy agreed with him. "Full of surprises"

Ajax nudged Yasmin. "For a groups of highly trained shadowhunter they don't seem to be able to agree on a sensible plan"

"No they don't" She agreed

"I know the power of this cup..." Clary was saying walking towards Jace who was standing beside the table Ajax and Yasmin were perched on "...even kill a mundane" Clary lost her grip on the cup causing it to slip out her hand and fell towards Yasmin's lap.

"No!"

Before the cup could touch her, Ajax had grabbed the cup. As soon as it came into contact with his skin it started to burn. Crying out in pain Ajax threw the cup back at Clary who clumsily caught it. The smell of burning flesh permeated the air. Yasmin grabbed Ajax hand inspecting it carefully, the skin on his hand was burnt badly.

"See this is exactly why we need to give the cup to the Clave, Jace! That could have been Yasmin" Alec burst out glaring angrily at Clary.

"No. We can't give it to the Clave" Clary and Yasmin said at the same time.

"I appreciate you concern Alec but if the Clave gets their hands on that cup they could torture me and Ajax for information we may not have" Yasmin said gentle passing Ajax a damp cloth as she placed her hand on Alec's arm, the tension in his shoulder dissipated.
"Follow me" Alec told Clary leading her off to a place to store the cup safely.

Yasmin glared at Ajax holding the cloth to his hand. "What no thank you for your knight in shining armour" he teased. Ignoring him Yasmin applied more pressure making the boy yelp. "Okay, it's fine don't worry I can use my magic to heal it". Yasmin raised her eyebrows at him. Moving his hands similarly to Magnus but in a less flamboyant way, Ajax hands lit with blue light. Seconds later his hand was soft and unscared again. Yasmin gasped in surprise. "You didn't think I couldn't use magic when you can turn into a wolf" Ajax laughed.

Alarms suddenly broke the silence. "There's something outside of the perimeter" Jace unhelpfully stated
"I told yo.."
"Don't say it!"
"What's happening?" Clary asked panicked.
"Looks like someone trying to break in"
"It could be the Circle"
Yasmin followed the group outside. Sniffing the air she caught no scent of angle blood, but she could smell a very familiar smell, "It's not the circle" she muttered stopping. The group infront ignored her running forward. It took Yasmin a moment to recognise the smell.
"Raphael!"

"Don't move" Jace yelled
"Drop what you holding" Alec commanded.
Yasmin ran up to the group just as Raphael came into view. "Clary Don't..." she cried out,
"Oh my god Simon!"
"Look..." Yasmin finished.

————————————————-
"I'll go and tell them we found nothing" Alec said, " Yasmin your coming with me".

Surprised Yasmin turned around but nodded. Before following Alec she hugged Raphael, "That was stupid coming here Raph you could have been killed" she scolded him.
"You would never have allowed that to happen" he said quietly placing a kiss on her forehead.