Episode 7

Yasmin entered the main room of the institute warily, her eyes surveying the room awkwardly. She remembered everything, every screen, every window, every smell, every person...

except Alexander Lightwood.

She had spent the whole night desperately trying to remember anything. His smell smelt familiar but she had no memory of him.

Clary had informed her Jace had captured Valentine and he was being interrogated by Imogen. Imogen had requested, through Clary, that Yasmin be present for the questioning. She had refused.

Although she was not a prisoner, Yasmin knew that she was being watched and monitored. She was not allowed to leave the institute, the only person she had talked to was Clary. She hasn't seen Ajax since the attack. Yasmin was thankful that she hadn't massacred the shadowhunters while under Valentine's control, she could only imagine the punishment that the Clave would have sentenced her with.

"Yaz?" A voice called from across the room. Yasmin turned to see Ajax stood in the doorway smiling at her. A gasp of relief escaped her lips as she flung herself into his open arms.

"You're ok. You're Ok" she murmured into his back hair. The smell of pine and orange blossom filled her nose; his familiar scent. "I'm here" Ajax replied softly, as they pulled back.

Yasmin say his brown eyes flicker with discomfort. "What's the matter?" She asked, Ajax glances around carefully. "It's Magnus. He's acting strangely since I woke up after the attack"

Shock ran through Yasmin, she had known Magnus for a very long time and had seen how close her father figure and Ajax had gotten. It was extremely unlike Magnus to pull away from people he cared about. "Tell me about it" she sighed sadly nodding in agreement, "Since I woke up people have been treating me light broken glass and Alexander looks like a kicked puppy every time I look at him"

It was Ajax's turn to look sadly at her. "You really don't remember anything about him? Not even the vampire raid or when I first met you at Clary's apartment?"
"The vampire raid was me and Izzy being used as bait and at Clary's apartment she and Simon went into the room and you shoved me off the fire escape" Yasmin replied honestly.

The sound of raised voices and footsteps causes the two of them to turn around to see Clary, Magnus, Jace and Alexander anger the room.

Yasmin and Ajax hurried over, Yasmin's enhanced hearing allowed her to have picked up most of the conversation. "You mean to tell me that Izzy is captured by Azazel . A greater demon" she said her hands slaming into the table. Jace looked at his sister a small smile graced his face at her fierce expression. As the five of them watched the screen.

"I don't know Alec, what a greater demon want with Izzy. But I do know who to ask" Jace said
"Valentine" Yasmin finished, they all looked at her.

————————————————

Yasmin watched Jace and Clary interrogate Valentine. Clary wasn't believing Valentine about him not working with Azazel. But a plan was forming in her mind.

"If you were smart Jace you would be doing what your sister is already planing to do. Use me as bait. The only way to control a greater demon is by the mortal cup, Azazel will do anything to destroy it"

"That wasn't what I was thinking but it could work"

"Not you Clarissa. That plan was what Yasmin was thinking, not you" Clary froze and Yasmin looked at her twin. Jace didn't meet their eyes.

"You didn't tell her" Valentine smirked victorious.
"Tell me what?"
"You must still have feeling for her, huh, now isn't that a pickle." Valentine's smile was wide as the pieces suddenly clicked into place for Yasmin.
"Not another word" Jace spat,
"What is he talking about?" Clary's voice was confused and scared.

"You want to do the honours or shall I? Or does Yasmin even want to do the honours?" He looked at Yasmin, a cruel smirk on his lips, Yasmin could smell it no so clearly now that Jace, Valentine and Clary we're standing so close to each other.

The smell that had smelt similar was the angle blood in both Clary and Jace's veins, not the sibling blood that Yasmin had assumed she had smelt all that time ago. Now all together Jace smelt distinctly different from the familial blood shared by Clary and Valentine.

"SHUT UP!" Jace screamed angrily punching Valentine in the face. The man spat blood out of his mouth at Yasmin's feet. Clary uttered a breathy scream but Yasmin only felt cold as she realised the connotations of the situation and what it meant for her and Jace; especially Jace.
"It's rude to keep a girl waiting Jace" Valentine persisted
"What is going on?" Clary voice was now very high pitched.

"Valentines not my father. I'm not your brother Clary." Jace breathed out, and Yasmin almost felt his heart twist at the look Clary gave him.

————————————————

Alec walked out onto the roof of the institute. "There you are" he called out to his parabati. Alec faltered as he saw a small figure perched next to Jace.

Yasmin turned to look at him. Alec froze unable to speak. Deja Vu held him in place. The memory or dream or what ever had occurred while he was in the void before Jace had returned to him. Yasmin perched on the ledge the skyline behind her.

Alec was only pulled back to reality when, light touch grazed his arm. He looked down at Yasmin's bright blue eyes. He internally wondered whether Jace was right and it was in the void that Yasmin relinquished her last memory to help him.
To sacrifice her memory for his life. He didn't know how to repay her if Jace's theory was true.

She passed him her eyes conveying a silent warning but also a pleas for him to help her twin.

"Magnus is downstairs, the inquisitors council meeting will be over in an hour" he said as Yasmin closed the door behind her.

"Jace you ok?" He asked now wondering why Yasmin had said nothing. Jace turned around and Alec's heart contracted.

Tears ran down Jace's face, he looked so broken. Jace looked how Alec felt every time he looked into Yasmin's face. He had no words for his parabati so he just embraced him, holding Jace tightly. Jace took a raggedy breath that almost cracked Alec into joining Jace in breaking down in tears. His arm still burned at Yasmin's touch. Not he knew that right now Jace needed him to be strong. So with great difficulty he pushed his feeling about Yasmin aside and held his parabati close.

————————————————
A/N I'm so sorry for the long hiatus but I've been away for a couple of weeks without signal and WiFi.

Thankyou for all your support, o love to read all you learn comments.

I'm so excited for the next chapter, (I've already written it), it will be our tomorrow, hopefully. In the next chapter we meet a really important character:

Can you guess who?

Tess