Episode 15

Yasmin was in wolf form as she bounded up the stairs of the institute. Fatigue wore away at her after a full day of scouring the city. There was no trace of Valentine's scent anywhere in the city. She entered the institute following the scent of her brother and clary. Izzy was sat on a chair at a desk, biting a pen nervously.

Yasmin padded over to Izzy, ignoring some of the stares of other Shadowhunter's. She bumped Izzy's knees with her snout. Izzy jump but smiled when she looked at Yasmin. Tilting her head to the side she stared at the Lightwood.

"My Dad is the Clave's envoy" Izzy explained. Yasmin growled quietly in response, she saw now what had the girl riled up, Robert Lightwood had cheated on their mother and hadn't interacted with them since. Yasmin allowed Izzy to stroke her head for a minute or two, when Izzy asked for any trace, Yasmin shook her head.

A sudden pull in her chest guided her away from Izzy further into the institute. She headed towards Jace and Clary. Upon entering the room, she shifted back into human form, she leant against the door frame watching with a certain amount of amusing as Clary and Jace argued.

"Wait, this isn't Stratton Island. Its Idris"

"Yes. You really think Valentine's on Stratton Island" Jace asked sceptically.

"Little hint Clary. He's not" Yasmin threw in, causing the two to look round at her, "He's not anywhere in the city"

"Are you sure?" Asked Clary

"Trust me Clary I know his scent and his is nowhere near the city"

"Valentine used to take me and Yasmin to this cabin near the falls when we were kids. "Jace explained as Yasmin eyed the map carefully.

"You think he's hiding there?"

"Probably not. No. But I bet you we find more in that cabin than we do at Stratton Island"

"Let me guess, the Clave denied your request for a portal?" Yasmin asked, Jace threw her a look and Yasmin just stared at him. They knew each other too well.

"What of Magnus?"

"Still in the Seelie Court with Luke and Ajax. Isn't that where your supposed to be Yaz?" Jace asked. Yasmin cursed out loud, "Dam I am supposed to be there in ten minutes. Have fun on your adventure" she turned to go when Clary called out.

"Our adventure goes nowhere without a portal" Yasmin laughed looking back at Clary

"Oh Clarissa, make one then. You're the one who can draw runes with that she shifted back into wolf form, racing through the institute almost knocking Alec over as he stepped out of his office and causing Robert to fall into a plant pot.

------------------------------------------------------

Yasmin reluctantly entered the Seelie relm, once again. She was guided into the courtroom where the queen sat in her throne, her form was that of a young adult. Luke and Magnus where talking to her, trying to find out where Valentine had gone.

Ajax came up beside Yasmin, he almost seemed to materialize out of thin air. "How' it is going?" Yasmin whispered.

"Badly."

The two hybrids approached the throne. The Queen smiled at Yasmin, "How are those memories I gave you little wolf" her voice was as sweet as honey, but her eyes still held a cruel blackness. Yasmin inclined her head respectfully.

"I'm going to ask a few yes or no questions and I want an answer that is no longer than three letters long" Yasmin said her eyes looking directly back at the Queen. Luke winced at her tone and Magnus looked surprised, but Yasmin didn't care, the Queen couldn't hurt her anymore.

"What is your question?" The Queen asked cautiously, the whole court seemed to have frozen to watch the game of cat and mouse where the mouse was becoming bolder and the cat more wary.

"Is Johnathan Morgenstern still alive?"

"Yes"

"Is Jace, Johnathan Morgenstern?"

"No"

Yasmin nodded beginning to turn away when the Queen's quiet voice rang through the room. "Why don't you ask the questions your dying to ask Yasmin Herondale?" Yasmin turned to face her, her heart was in her throat.

"Are my dreams vision of the future?"

"A version of it"

"You broke the three-letter rule" Ajax commented but Magnus pulled him away shaking his head, he was looking at Yasmin like a worried father. Luke hadn't moved, he could have been made of stone. Yasmin's voice shook as she asked the question that had haunted her in silence for days,

"By trying to be a Shadowhunter... Am I the cause of the Shadow world's destruction?"

A brief pause. A cruel smile slipped onto the Queens face.

"Yes" she hissed.

The world seemed to close in on Yasmin. She took a step back. Her shock and horror were mirrored on Magnus', Luke's and Ajax's faces.

"Run rabbit. Run Rabbit. Run. Run. Run." The Queen laughed as Yasmin shifted, knocking away the Seelie guards who closed in on her and sprinted out of the room, away from the faces of her friends, away from the triumphant Queen.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N What will Yasmin choose? Alec and Jace or the Downworld?

Thankyou so much for all the support with this book. I'm happy to say that I have fi sihed writing this book. There are 10 chaptere left if varying keep lengths. I go back to school in two days but I will update every two days as it is pre written.

We recently hit 98K, which is crazy!!! Thankyou all so much for your support and lovely comments. I love reading your comments!

Tess