Chapter 11

"Alec you need to call Jace" Izzy pleaded with her brother. She watched as her brother turned away slightly, "He can call when he's done chasing little girl" he replied tersely.

"May I come in?" A voice asked from the doorway. Izzy turned to see her younger brother Max climbing into Alec's arms. While Alec was asking Max about his time in the Mumbai institute Izzy hugged her dad tightly, glad he hadn't changed like her mother. Izzy role she eyes at her brother upon hearing he started a fire in time studies, hugging him gently.

Robert sent Max out, "Where is Clary Fairchild" He asked Alec. Izzy winced at this walking towards the door. At first she had welcomed the change Clary had brought but now it seemed it was messing with her family. Robert looked at Alec now serious.

"She's with Jace" Alec defended but this didn't seem to comfort her father as he turned towards the door about to leave, "I want her found and brought back to the institute".
===========================

Alec was trying in vain to release the tension in his shoulders. He was pacing the institute his mind spinning. His father wanted him to find Clary and bring her back, Alec agreed with his father on this the red head had done nothing but cause trouble and rift since she had arrived especially between him and Jace. And then in the corner of his mind the image of a young smiling girl appeared.

Yasmin Wayland.

He remembers how he had held her after the demon incident with Clary when he had been terrified Jace would find out about him, she had smiled up at him, as she did Alec had seen forgiveness in her eyes. She knew his secret, she knew as well as Magnus or Izzy did.

He had started to trust her, she was a shadowhunter, Jace's twin sister. But that was before he saw her lying on the ground bleeding, right after changing for a werewolf. She was by law a downworlder, no runes covered her pale skin but she used a stele as well as he could.

Alec had told himself that he would not get himself tangled in downworlder business but he itched to go to Magnus, apartment just to make sure she's ok.

His phone rung caused him to jerk, walking into the wall of the institute just as one of the other shadowhunters walked towards him.

Cursing under his breath holding his throbbing shoulder ignoring the half smirk, half concerned look of the shadowhunter that walked by him.

Looking down at the caller ID he saw Jace was calling him. Groaning internally he answered.

"Alec we need your help"
"No can't do, I told you I'm not getting involved in downworlder business. You need to bring Clary back to the institute now" he replied shortly
Alec could hear Jace taking a deep breath probably trying to rethink his words,

"I told you he wouldn't help us!"
"Shut up mundane"
Alec almost laughed at the naivety of the mundane.

"Alec it's about Yasmin"
Alec's blood froze, he had settled to think Yasmin was his friend, well before he knew she was a werewolf. Did that change his friendship with her?

"Please Alec, how would you feel if it was Izzy in her place and I was the only one who could save her and I refused to."
Jace's words hit home with Alec, "You didn't need to say that about Izzy, I would have come" he muttered into the phone, "I can't let your sister die because of me. Where do I go?"
"Magnus's"
==========================

The room was shaking as Alec stumbled up the stairs. Magnus was crouched next to Yasmin a blue glow surrounding his hands. Instinct took hold of Alec. He ran to Magnus's side grabbing the warlocks hand, scrabbling for Yasmin's. He felt strange as he did so, it was like water was flowing through him. Yasmin stopped tossing, lying still on the couch. Magnus sighed beside him, Alec caught him as the warlock tipped sideways. Guiding Magnus to a chair before he returned to Yasmin's side.

Her eyes burst open glowing a brilliant blue. Her hand shot out caressing the left side of Alec's face. He cried out as warmth spread from her hand, for a second he didn't see the apartment but a valley from atop a mountain, snow settled around the mountains but the valley was green and vibrant with colour.

Alec was pulled back to reality by Yasmin's hand falling from his face and Jace grabbing hold of his shoulder. Clary held an empty bowl in her hand by Yasmin head. "You ok Alec?" She asked softly. His eyes drifted to Yasmin who was watching him carefully.

"Yea. Just shocked that she woke up, wasn't expecting it" he lied smiling at his Parabatai. It might have been Alec's imagination but surprise rippled across Yasmin features. Her hand squeezed his briefly illustrating her thanks.

"Thank you Alexandra, for bringing me back to my body" Yasmin smiled at him, her smile was so similar to Jace's but there was something fundamentally different about her. Her nose and mouth reminded him of a sharper version of Clary's.

"What would have happened if Alec hadn't got here in time? Would you have died?" Clary asked.

"I would not have died in the way you are thinking of Clary Fairchild". Clary looked just confused as Alec or Jace. "Because of her being Valentine's experiment she would not have died, only remain in an unbreakable coma like state. Able to see events but never be able to wake to change them. It is a fate many would see as worse than death" Magnus explained calmly but his eyes gave away how relives he truly felt.

"If it had been me?" Luke asked quietly,
"Then you would have almost certainly have died". Yasmin smiled at Luke, "The only way to kill me is using one of the mortal instruments. Valentine made sure of that" Yasmin said bitterly.
===========================================================
A/N Hey guys I'm back. Finally! I've been writing this chapter and the next five for the last few dats but I'm having problems with my internet so event imp I write something then save it, when I come back to it is gone!!!! So it's taking twice as much time to write each chapter.

This chapter was fun to write as it includes interactions with Alec and Yasmin. What do you guys think of Jace so far? Is he being a good brother?

Thank you to all you guys for you comments you ha been leaving. To be honest I almost gave up writing this story but your amazing comments have inspired me to keep writing. Thank you soon much!! Xxx

Tess