Episode 6

Valentine pulled Clary towards the sword. "Yasmin! Yasmin please help me" Clary screamed, "I won't let you do this" she cried at her father.

"Unfortunately, you don't have a choice. I am doing this for you and you brother. This planet is under siege by demon blooded creatures' intent on death and destruction. Once I wield that sword the downworld will no longer be part of our world. And yhe lives of my children will be that much safer"

"What about Yasmin? She had downworlder blood" Clary asked, stalling for time. She glanced at Yasmin who was leaning against a column looking extremely bored.

"A necessary sacrifice. I made my Hybrids too strong" Valentine nodded at Ajax who was pinned against the wall a knife through his shoulder. Yasmin's blade. It was impossible not to know it was Yasmin from the green colour that tinted the blade, Yasmin's kind of trademark on her blades.

Clary fought harder as Valentine pulled her head forward, her fingers almost brushed the handle of the sword.

Suddenly Valentine went flying as Simon barrelled into him.

Jace walked forward only to be stopped by Yasmin. "Yaz, please stand aside. If Valentine goes through with this you will die" Jace whispered, Clary had never heard Jace's voice sound so vulnerable. This was his twins, the person he shared a closer connection to than even Jocelyn or Valentine or she did. They were two sides of the same coin. (A/N Aye reference).

The sound of a metal hitting metal was the next sound she heard. Jace and Yasmin stood either side of the sword, their blades met exactly over the handle of the mortal sword.

Ajax limped up next to Clary holding his shoulder, his gaze fixed solely in the twins. Jace flinched as Yasmin looked up at him, her eyes cut into them all, an accusing stare that seemed to plead for help and yet radiate anger. Jace faltered obviously affected by his sister, he toppled over, Yasmin was over him in seconds, straddling him.

She raised her black blade and place it directly over Jace's heart and slowly pushed downwards. Blood bubbled up around her blade and Jace gasped in pain. Clary heard herself scream Jace's name.

A blur of green magic had Yasmin flying across the room. She landed on her feet crouched like a cat about to strike. Ajax's magic swirled around her, caging her in a vice like grip. She silently struggled but still no sound escaped her lips.

Simon hands held her back as she watched Jace grab the sword. She screamed his name. A burst of light shot through it throwing Jace backwards.

"Why didn't that destroy the sword?"

"I don't know" Clary said confused.

"Your nothing if not predictable, son" Valentine picked up the sword turning to face the entrance from where downworlder were pouring in. Seelie's, werewolves and vampires working together.

Valentine raised the sword.

It emitted a bright white light, downworlders screamed falling dead. Ajax screamed in pain his magic evaporating from around Yasmin as he collapsed to his knees holding his head. Clary watched in horror as the downworlders were massacred.

Valentine turned to Yasmin and Ajax who were close to each other. Yasmin's eyes were blue again a shocked and confused expression on her face. Jace cried out as he saw Yasmin's eyes were blue.

"My dead children. My dear Hybrids. You have served me so well. It's a pity that the cup wasn't more effective in controlling you. We could have ruled the world." He laughed sending a fresh wave of power at them.

Yasmin's scream cut the air. It echoed in her mind above the screams of the downworlders, above Ajax's scream. Above her own scream.
----------------------------------------------------

Jace watched as Simon stood up to his surprise unharmed. Simon was a downworlder, he should have been dead. Like the bodies that now covered the floor.

"I don't understand" he murmured frantically looking around at the dead bodies, the last thing he remembered was Valentine using the sword to kill the downworlders. The sword he had activated. "How did I activate the sword?"

"Only someone with pure angel blood could have done it. You don't have demon blood Jace."

Footsteps rung through the silence. Alec appeared looking around at the dead. "No" he muttered, he looked at Clary accusingly.

"I did it" Jace said to his Parabatai, "I thought I was destroying it but..."

"Where's Yasmin? Magnus? Ajax?" Alec frantic look at Jace causing Jace to fall to his knees holding his chest. Yasmin had been in this room, so had Ajax. Nothing to protect them, they had received the whole blast.

"Yasmin!" Alec yelled he threw himself onto his knees next to Yasmin's body. Cradling her in his arms, he gently touched her face. Magnus appeared next to him holding Ajax, tears ran down Alec's face, his shoulders shook.

"No please. Please. Don't leave me" He begged.

"Ajax, breath, don't die on me.... I love you" Magnus choked. Clary gasped holding Magnus' shoulder to try to comfort him.

"Magnus" groaned a rough voice.

They all turned to Magnus who was holding Ajax's body. Ajax's eyes were open his heal green eyes looking up at Magnus, clouded with pain. Magnus gasped holding tighter to the boy, hugging him.

"I thought I lost you" Magnus whispered his voice cracked,
"You mean too much to me to lose you", Jace vaguely wondered whether Ajax had heard Magnus' confession or not.

"Yaz" Alec begged, his head having returned to Jace's sister. Jace looked at his sister, guilt filled him as he fell to his knees next to her, his hand stroked her long blonde hair that was now knotted, and blood spattered.

A small intake of breath had Jace calling Yasmin's name. Her eyes opened. Jace was greeted with blue eyes. Yasmin's blue eyes. Not the soulless abyss that had filed them recently.
"Jace" she smiled at him happily. Pain burnt in her eyes, along with confusion. Magnus and Clary let out sighs of relief.

Yasmin turned her head upwards to meet Alec's eyes. "Yasmin?" Alec whispered. His eyes shone with a kaleidoscope of emotions; tears rolled down his face. Yasmin only looked up at him, confusion clouded her face, she glanced at Jace and then back at Alec. She opened her mouth and utter 3 words that shattered Alec's heart into a thousand pieces.

"Who are you?"

——————————————————
A/N hi guys I'm away this week so no update till the weekend. I'm sorry.

Really hope you enjoyed this part. Yasmin is back! But she can't remember Alec! What are your guys thoughts?

Thankyou as always for your support and lovely comments which make my dad.

Tess