Chapter 18

Yasmin's body felt heavy as she began to regain consciousness. Around her she could hear the rustle of leaves. A soft voice was whispering in her ear. "Yaz please wake up. I need you" the voice sounded broken almost scared. Forcing her eyelids open she caught sight of the blurred face of Jace. The young boy gasped with relief.

"You're awake! How are you feeling?", he asked engulfing his twin in a hug before leaning back to inspect her. Yasmin raised her hand to stem the flow of questions. She closed her eyes, assessing how she felt. Now on closer investigation she realised that she did feel different, it felt like something was curling around her. Not tightly, No, this presence reminded her of when she had once stood at the top of a mountain in Scotland. She remembered the wind curling around her, the wind was so strong that it felt like it was solid against her. 

Jace helped her to her feet. Now she looked around she realised they were in a forest; but not a normal forest. A portal was open a few feet away, Meliorn was sat cross legged in front of it. "It is good to see you awake" he told her, not opening his eyes. Yasmin raised her eyebrows.

"How can you see me if you haven't opened your eyes?". The Seelie ignored the question.

Yamsin listened to Jace quickly explain what was going on and why Clary was in the other dimension. A cry broke the silent forest. "Demons" Yamsin said looking Jace .
"They are attracted to this dimension as it is peaceful" Meliorn explained. "Then we'll protect it" Jace replied simply.
————————————————- Three Demons leaped out at the twins minutes later. "Yaz" Jace yelled but Yamsin had already loaded her crossbow firing at the creatures. Jace pulled out his seraph blade advancing.

At first all seemed well, neither Wayland was in any immediate trouble but then out if nowhere Jace screamed out in pain. His parabati rune burned like fire. "Alec" he yelled at the same time as Yasmin yelled her brothers name. A demon slipped through entering the portal. Jace was contorted on the ground screaming Alec's name. Yamsin winced in pain for her brother but she knew her job. Get rid of the last two demons then deal with the third.

She spun on the spot shooting one creature in between the eyes and the other in the forehead. Jace was stumbling to his feet toward the portal. "Come on we've got to find the last one" he yelled pulling her through the portal, leaving Meliorn sitting peacefully on the ground.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Purple danced before Yasmin's  eyes. The world came back into focus. Hands were holding her waist gently, music was playing in the background. Looking into her partners eyes she almost fainted.

Alec was smiling down at her, "What's the matter Yas?" He asked quietly dropping his head to lean against hers. "Nothing" she breathed her heart was beating so quickly she was surprised Alec couldn't feel its erratic pace.

Alec leaned down as if to kiss her but Yamsin pulled back looking around. "Where's my brother?" she asked her face burning crimson. Alec looked confused and a little hurt. "Jace is probably with Clary but you best friend Jonathan is probably with your sister in laws mother. He'll probably know where Jace and Clary are" he replied confused.

He pointed to where Joycelyn was leaning against the table talking to a boy. This boy was tall, red haired but had Clary's green eyes. "Whose Jonathan?" Alec looked startled. "Jonathan you know the boy that you grew up with....dated. Almost chose over me" Alec hand tensed as he said this his gaze fixed on her. "I don't know a Jonathan that isn't Jace"

Alec now look positively scared. "Are you feeling ok Yas, your acting odd" Yasmin shook her head.

"I'm fine, just going to get some air". She pushed her way away from Alec. She followed Clary's scent down into the basement.

Before she could reach the door the red haired boy dubbed Jonathan blocked her path. "Yaz are you ok? You practically ran from Lightwood" his voice held a hint of sadness when he mentioned Alec.

Yamsin smiled awkwardly as she tried to pretend she knew exactly who he was. "I'm fine just need some air" she replied quickly. Jonathan's hands held her arms by her side, trapping her in place.
"Yaz" He was looking into her eyes intensely, "You can tell me anything you know right"

"Yes. I know Jonathan"
Jonathan almost seems to flinch slightly.
"You never call me Jonathan you always call me Jon, Yaz. What's the matter?" His eyes flicked over to Alec who was sipping a glass of something watching the two intensely his eyes shadowed with annoyance and suspicion. "Is it Alexander? Is he not treating you right? If you were with me I'd treat you like..."
"No it's nothing to do with Alec." Yasmin cut across him. "I just feel like I need some air that's all".

Jonathan's face relaxed. "Of course you have never been comfortable in crowds" he guestured around the packed room. Yamsin raises her eyebrows internally, so this worlds Yasmin also hated to be in crowds with loads of people pressing in on her. She suppressed a shiver. Placing a hand on Jonathan's arm he smiled gently. "I'll be back shortly". Rushing past him down into the basement.

Jace, Clary and Magnus were standing next to an open portal with  a dead demon body. "Well that clears up that problem" Magnus said when she entered the room.

"What is this world it's weird" Yasmin said slowly, "Yes I know, Valentine's good and my mother's ok..."
"And your caught in a love triangle between Alec and some other guy. What's his name Alec never mentioned it?" Jace murmured. Magnus looked between the three of them. "Perhaps you should get going".

Together the three of them entered the portal leaving behind the upside down world.
————————————————
A/N I'm sorry for my long absence. A lot of things have been going on leaving me hardly any time to write but I'm now off on holidays! Yay! So this story is being completed as you read this. The final few chapters will be published in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed it will be completed by the end of August.

This was a fun chapter to write with alternate Alec and for those of you who know the books an age series the introduction of a character that is very important in the shadowhunter universe. I love writing the growing sibling bond with Jace and Yasmin. What do you guys think of how the story is going, what do you think Alec and Ajax are up to?

Thankyou so much for all your amazing comments. They mean the world to me!

Tess